Chapter 1: The Dream

"Where?" The girl mumbled as she slowly opened her eyes. What she saw before her was a sky filled with stars. but... this couldn't be real. She could see two moons adorned in the night sky and what looked like a spaceship in the distance.

"Cool~" The tiny girl cooed as she stood up. She looked around at this unfamiliar environment she found herself in. Purple grass, glowing trees, flying creatures she has never seen before. It's a bewildering sight.

"Am I in one of dad's games?" She asked herself as she walk around a bit. She awed at the little creatures running near her feet. They seemed to be a combination of rabbits and hamsters, small fluffy little guys with long ears. 'Cute~~' the girl thought.

"This does look like dad's art" She said as she walked towards a stone pathway. In the distance she saw a man wearing a lab coat with his back turned towards her. A lab coat with doodles of flowers and derpy characters at the bottom of it. Doodles that the girl recognized as she was the one who drew them when she was younger.

"Dad?" As soon as she could comprehend what she was seeing the girl started running towards him shouting but she didn't seem to be getting any closer.

"Dad! Please dont leave!" The girl shouted again in desperation. She couldn't breathe. She felt suffocated.

"Be brave babygirl. I couldn't be brave enough in my life. Be better than I was. Be... you." His voice echoed in her head as her surroundings started to get darker.

"Be brave babygirl. Be brave chaeyoung. Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung? Chaeyoung!!"
Chaeyoung jolts awake and the first thing she sees in a pair of eye balls almost touching hers. This was Chaeyoung's roommate Dahyun who was currently straddling her with both her arms on both sides of Chaeyoung's face. 'Private space is a concept this girl can't comprehend, I swear.' Chaeyoung thought to herself.

"Dahyunn!" Chaeyoung whined as she pushed her friend off of her. "You've got to stop doing that."

"Don't you dahyunnn me chaeyoung. We've been bestfriends for almost four years and roommates for two, so I've earned the right to touch you wherever I want whenever i want okay?" She said puffing her chest out.

"Whatever you say" Chaeyoung said uninterested in whatever her hyperactive roommate was on about. She tried to turn her back towards Dahyun and fall asleep again.

"No I don't think so young lady." Dahyun said as she yanked her blanket away. Chaeyoung whined again and stood up looking at her friend with her signature pout.

Dahyun hit the top of her head. "Oww that huurt" Chaeyoung exclaimed dramatically covering her head with her hands.

"Stop whining and get up, we'll be late for school" She said to Chaeyoung as she was caressing the top of her head.

Chaeyoung turned to look at the framed picture of her and her dad on the bedside table. "I guess you really are gone huh old man?" She mumbled quietly. She smiles faintly at her memories of him. "That's right chaeng, he wouldn't want you to cry every time you see his picture or hear his name" she said to myself.

"I'll skip school today." She said quietly to dahyun who is now standing beside her bed.

"Nope, we are going to school or I'm calling your stepmother" she said and Chaeyoung instantly stood up.

"Okayy fine" she said as she made her way towards the bathroom.

Son Chaeyoung. 18 years of age. She's  the daughter of Son Jinyoung, a figure who was extremely famous for being one of the best minds in the gaming industry and also the CEO of one of the biggest game companies in the world. He passed away a few months prior due to a car accident. He married Chaeyoung's now stepmother who cares only about the money and her image and status in this world of elites Chaeyoung's father lived in. She has made Chaeyoung and her brother's life a living hell since their father passed away and Chaeyoung has been doing what her father told her to do. In his last words and In Chaeyoung's unorthodox dream. Being brave.

Chaeyoung sighs loudly as she finishes getting ready for school. "I can't wait to come back home and work on my game." She said to dahyun as they both left their shared apartment.

"You and your games chaeyoungie, you need to live a little we should be having fun and partying" dahyun said poking Chaeyoung's cheeks.

Chaeyoung scoffs at her friend's remark. "I'm not a party girl unnie and you know that." They got into one of Chaeyoung's cars as they started making their way to the university. Chaeyoung has picked out the most normal looking car that she had because she despised the attention she got because of who her family was.

As the girls got out of the car they saw their friends waiting for them near the gate. Dahyun waved at them and turned to Chaeyoung as she was making her way around the car to her. "It's never too late to be one chaeng." She winked and started skipping to their friends.

Chaeyoung calmly walked behind her. "Uri aegiii~" that was Im Nayeon squealing when she saw Chaeyoung. She gave Chaeyoung a bear hug as they reached them.

"U-unnie I can't b-breathe" the poor little girl croaked as another of her friends, Yoo Jeongyeon stepped in. "Yah you're killing her nayeon" she said seperating the two girls.

"Well excuse me if I miss my little baby too much" Nayeon says in a sassy tone.

These two are the resident couple. Nayeon unnie and Jeongyeon unnie as Chaeyoung calls them. Nayeon sees Chaeyoung more as her own daughter than a friend. Chaeyoung is her baby and other than her late father, she's the only person who Chaeyoung would allow to call her that.

"Hey chaeng~" Chaeyoung turned to the voice of the one and only Chou Tzuyu. She's the only one in the group of friends that Chaeyoung's the same age as. They're the maknaes so naturally they were really close.

"So where are the others?" Chaeyoung asked Nayeon as she was touching up her make up.

"They have evening classes today." She answered with a smile.

"Come on let's go inside or we'll be late" Dahyun said as she dragged the group inside.

For Chaeyoung school was as boring as it always have been. Today was no different. Honestly she's unsure why she's attending university when she feels like she knows more than the people teaching them. having a close group of friends make it worthwhile for her though.

Chaeyoung came home alone after school. Took a warm shower put on her comfy clothes and headed straight for her work station. She was currently building an open world for a VR game.

She was working on a game for the full dive VR system which is a device that her dad invented that can put a person inside a game. It's really cool stuff. It's the main reason why he was such a huge figure in the industry.

Chaeyoung put on her gear and entered her virtual world where she had made a white dome where she could work on the rest of the game. It's better than being near a desk.

She pulls out the HUD which Is a floating glass panel control system that she uses for her work. She checked her progress on the programming so far.

She had built the lava pits, the light forest and the purple swamp in a day so she had a goal to create atleast two new biomes before she went to bed tonight.

Before she started working on a new area she thought she should check the ones she had made yesterday. She opened the monitor drone's camera for the lava pit.

"Mhmm. Seems about right." She whispered to herself as she switched to the swamp next. Everything in order there. She then switched to the light forest.

"I think this is the prettiest biome I've ever made in a game." Chaeyoung said with a smile thinking about how her dad would always go on about the visuals being the most important part.

Just as she pressed the close button she saw what looked like a white figure moving through the trees. It was for a brief second but it made her look back. She opened the camera again and guided the drone through the woods.

Nothing, there was nothing there. "Must be my imagination" She said to herself.

"I haven't made any living things yet so there couldn't be anything there" She said to convince herself. "Its not a ghost is it?" She mumbles.

"Brrr" Chaeyoung feels a shiver run down her spine.

"Dammit son chaeyoung stop scaring yourself." She scolded herself as she pulled up the camera again. There it goes again. A white figure.

"What the hell." Her voice got a lot more high pitched than usual. She wanted to log out immediately. Chaeyoung knows she's too smart to believe in ghosts but this shit was really getting scary.

"I'll just have to check myself" She said as she slapped both her cheeks with her hands.

"Let's go Chaeyoung, you can do this." She teleported her work station to the forest to have a closer look. She opened the door and stood in front of it looking out to the dimly lit forest.

She sees it. Movement. She was shaking but she couldn't take her eyes off the figure that was slowly appearing through the glowing trees.

"Oh.. my god." She exclaimed in pure surprise and bewilderment when the figure came into the brighter light that was emitting from the dome. It's a girl. But how? Only Chaeyoung has access to this world. So how is another person in here?

She had a small tender smile on her lips. She was wearing a huge white dress. She was gorgeous. Chaeyoung realized soon after that she wasn't doing anything. Not saying anything. Just big round eyes staring at her with a little smile. All Chaeyoung could see in her eyes were curiosity. Chaeyoung waved her hand in front of herself and opened the HUD she selected the scanner from the HUD and directed it towards the mysterious girl.

There wasn't a player tag on her. No sign of life. Just programs running continuously. Like the rest of this place that Chaeyoung had built. That's when she realised.

This girl.... is not human.

Chaeyoung's mouth dropped to the floor at her realization and the elegant girl copies her opening her mouth with no emotion showing on her face.

Chaeyoung's mind was overrun with questions now. She looks again at the scanned data and it had a tag name.

'It must be her name.' Chaeyoung thought.

She looks back at the girl.

"Hi... Sharon?"

This is based off the feel special MV where Mina and Chaeyoung see each other in the glowing forest and smiles at each other. That's where I got the inspiration. Hope you like it.

-Max 🐺