Chapter 7: Big Brother

Chae POV

It's been an hour since my little analysis on mina. I completely forgot about working on my game. We have been playing games on the TV together since.

Let me tell you, this girl is brutal. She hasn't let me win once since we started. She just keeps completely destroying me every round.

I mean the cute smile and her excited noises are adorable but I'm getting frustrated by this now.

On top of all that she's so focused on the game that she isn't even glancing at me so she won't notice the big ass pout on my face. I sighed. Well atleast she's having fun.

After a few minutes the wake up indicator suddenly popped up on my HUD which indicates that someone in the real world is trying to wake me up.

I put down my controller which made mina stop and look at me. I smiled to cover up the fact that I was getting a little frustrated.

"What's wrong?" She asks with her soft voice. "Nothing's wrong minari, it's just someone is calling me so I need to go." I said standing up.

"Oh already?" She looks sad that I'm going. I guess anyone would be, being left alone in a lifeless world like this. I should do something about that.

"Don't worry minari I'll be back tomorrow." I said sitting back down to her eye level. "Okay?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said half-heartedly.

I went in the HUD to log out but not before giving her a little wave and a dimpled smile to which she responded with her gummy one.

I logged out and saw who I expected to see waiting for me. It was dahyun unnie in her pajamas but before I could ask her what she wanted I noticed another figure standing in the dark behind her.

He stepped forward into the light. It was my big brother Jeonghoon.

"What's he doing here?" I ask dahyun while pointing at my brother's face.

He puts his hand over his heart as a sign to show he was hurt by that. He has always been a drama queen so I just rolled my eyes at that.

"It's good to see you too little sis. I'm doing great thank you for asking." He says sarcastically.

"He kept ringing the doorbell and it woke me up." Dahyun unnie said giving my brother a glare though not a very intimidating one because she can't be intimidating wearing pink hello kitty pajamas.

"Heheh sorry about that." He said scratching the back of his not so scratchy head.

I sigh and stood up to give him a little hug. "Sorry for the hostility oppa, I just don't like being bothered when I'm in my world."

"Yes I'm aware. You've given me an earful a couple of times for doing so." He says with a chuckle.

The half-formal way he's speaking. He only does that when he's talking about the company related stuff with dad or me.

"So you're here on business, this late at night?" I ask him while we walked out to the living room. Dahyun unnie exited behind us sleepily dragging her feet back to her room.

"Yeah, I just finished at the company. This is the only free time I have. how'd you know?" He asks. I just give him a little shrug. "Okay little miss sherlock. Sit down we need to have a talk." He says already seated on the couch.

I went to the kitchen taking out two drinks for the both of us. I walked back taking a seat next to him as I gave him the drink.

"So what's up?" I ask. "So the board of directors has brought this topic up and we've decided that we want you to-" just as I heard that much my instincts immediately kicked in. I stood up fast as I ran towards the couch in front of us. I yeeted myself over the couch to the other side taking cover like I was dodging bullets in a war zone or something.

"Oh stop being so dramatic chaeng I'm not gonna ask you to take over the company." I could hear him say as I was crouched behind the couch covering my head with my hands.

"You're not?" I ask as I peek my head over the couch.

"No we want you to present an event. It's the annual tech showcase and every year we've presented ground breaking technology at the event. This year with dad passing and all that we don't really have anything worthy to display there. So the directors asked for you to present some of your work. You don't have to sell it to anyone just presentation is okay." He said looking at me expectantly. I guess I can't say no to that.

"When is it?" I ask standing up and walking back to him. "It's in two months." He said.

"Yeah i guess I'll do it." I replied. He smiled coming over and giving me a little hug.

"Thanks a lot chaeng. I gotta go now. Byee~ Love youu~" he said as he quickly left.

"Love you more oppa~" I replied before he could close the door. I walked back to my room to sleep because I have school tomorrow.

"I should remember to give some kind of company to mina while I'm away." I said laying on my bed talking to myself.

"Maybe a pet. A dog. A cute one. She'll love that." I unconsciously smiled at the thought of surprising her with a puppy. "I'll do that tomorrow."

After about 15 minutes of thinking about mina and puppies I drifted into sleep hugging my tiger pillow.

So remember how I said I've been gone for 3 years from the fandom and kpop in general and how I wanna catch up on those 3 years of content?

Well tonight I discovered what Jihyo has been doing since I've been gone and...

HOLY FLOOFING HECK I AM NOT OKAY.

did she turn on the mommy switch or something?? Because I am officially unwell rn.

-Max🐺