6. Life's Second Chance (5)

Jang Jin-soo's abrupt remarks were unexpectedly interrupted. It was because a team assistant director rushed into the writers' room towards Jang Jin-soo and me.

As if we had made some sort of agreement, we both fell silent.

"Are you two busy right now?"

"No!"

"Not at all!"

The assistant director smiled brightly and pointed towards the door.

"The producer informed us of a mart to purchase supplies. While you're there, you can also buy the necessary items. Both of you don't need to come, just one person..."

"I'll go!"

Jang Jin-soo stood up eagerly.

As he quickly got up, avoiding the chair that almost hit me, I stepped back.

He didn't want to do menial tasks before, but now he was brimming with energy just because he was going with the producer.

The assistant director seemed taken aback by Jang Jin-soo's enthusiastic response.

She mentioned that the producer was waiting at the main entrance on the first floor, and Jang Jin-soo dashed out excitedly.

As I observed Jang Jin-soo's energetic response, the assistant director's puzzled expression, and my own bewildered state, the conversation began.

"He's quite lively, isn't he?"

"Well..."

Having nothing else to say, I responded dully.

The conversation continued for a few minutes without anything significant happening.

As we chatted, we formally introduced ourselves, and our manner of speaking became quite familiar.

The assistant director's name was Lee Yoo-jin.

She sat next to me and provided detailed information about the internal affairs of the broadcasting station.

"Really? Is it true?"

"Yes, it is!"

Looking at the particularly quiet writer sitting next to her, Yoo-jin covered her mouth and whispered to me.

"I heard that the live broadcast on the other side will be discontinued next month!"

"Then what about the writers?"

I lowered my voice and asked.

"Ah, of course this too!"

Yoo-jin lightly waved her hand near her neck.

That gesture was enough to convey the message.

"Oppa doesn't know much about this place. Before this, another live broadcast was discontinued, and even the announcer who auditioned for it was cut! But they're going to leave the writers alone? Especially when the ratings are already rock bottom."

"That's true."

"The live broadcast team next to us was discontinued, and they're reallocating the production budget to create a new program for us. Kim Writer's team has been completely neglected. The producer says he won't see them anymore, but... The main writer on that side is notorious for being good at pulling strings and stirring up trouble. You should be careful too, Oppa. Imagine how bad he must feel now that his show is being canceled?"

She should have told me that sooner.

No wonder he seemed overly tense about seating arrangements. There must be underlying reasons for that.