4. Life's second chance (3)

"Se-jun?"

I was suddenly startled by my name being called.

Until just a moment ago, Kim Ju-won was addressing me as "you," the youngest.

As I was about to ask, Sin Sejeong, who was sitting beside me, intervened with an explanation.

"Come along for the contact with Lee Tae-geon. Casting is the most important thing in our current production situation. Since you seem to know a lot about him, coming along might be helpful. We can handle the previews and other research for the time being."

Jang Jin-soo's expression subtly changed as he listened.

Kim Ju-won and Sin Sejeong turned their heads towards us.

"Are you okay, Se-jun?"

"Yes! I'm fine," Jang Jin-soo replied readily.

There was no trace of the awkwardness from a moment ago.

"Well, it seems like the discussion is over. I'll be heading out now. If anything urgent comes up, contact Sin Sejeong here," Kim Ju-won said as he got up from his seat.

His gaze lingered on me briefly.

"Good work."

With those words left behind, Kim Ju-won left the conference room.

"I'll briefly meet with the writers. You two, clear the table," Sin Sejeong said as she followed him out.

Jang Jin-soo and I began gathering the scattered documents on the table.

As we tidied up, Jang Jin-soo's movements were subdued.

Curious, I glanced at the resume that Kim Ju-won had been looking at earlier.

To be precise, it was my resume.

"Why are you staring at it awkwardly?"

"Oh, it's nothing," Jang Jin-soo replied.

Only then did Jang Jin-soo look away from the resume.

But there was still a sense of discomfort lingering in the corners of his awkward smile.

Knock, knock!

As the conference room door opened, someone peered inside.

It was one of the assistant directors who had come with the producer earlier.

She looked at the empty conference room, except for Jang Jin-soo and me, with a slightly puzzled expression.

"Oh, Kim Writer has already left?"

"What's going on? Will the assistant writer come later? I'll pass on the message instead," Jang Jin-soo replied in a friendly tone.

"That would be helpful. The producer asked for the writers' resumes. It's for administrative purposes."

"Perfect timing. He left them here, actually."

Jang Jin-soo neatly gathered the stack of resumes he was holding and handed them over to the assistant director.

Her face visibly lightened up when she received the resumes.

"By the way, let me show you where the writers' room is. Follow me."

We left the conference room together.

Walking side by side, Jang Jin-soo remained silent.

I was concerned about Jang Jin-soo's behavior regarding my resume, but at the moment, I was more interested in something else.