106.

August 20th, 2023
Five months Later

Ayariah Chanel Jackson-Anthony

These past five months have been a little hard with working, school, A'sair, and Lyrix moving in with me. Yes Lyrix now lives with me because Siah got locked up right before my birthday, last month. This time it's on him because he lost his shit outside his club and shit just happened. I've also been checking in on the club every night before the doors opened. So I've been dealing with a lot, but I've been doing good so far.

I've been getting a little help from Ms. Tiffany and honestly she's doing more than Maj is. We haven't talked to each other, but I've made sure he has been getting his time with A'sair. When he was officially two months, I started leaving him at Ms. Tiffany's house for at least an hour on Tuesday and Thursday. She'd tell Maj when I was dropping him off, so he's been there.

But since today is Kayonna and Trinity's birthday, everyone decided to get together. We decided to meet at her grave, then go out to eat. I'm the first to get here and of course I have A'sair and Lyrix with me.

"Papa, let's go talk to aunty Trini" I said in a baby voice, while taking A'sair out his car seat.

"Tanti, is De ugly self coming?" Lyrix asked.

"Yea" I mumbled, closing the door.

Lyrix held my hand and we walked across the grass, to where Trinity was buried. I started coming every Sunday after me and Maj broke up, but I stopped after I had A'sair. Hopefully I can start again soon since I drop him off at Ms. Tiffany house twice a week anyway.

"Take the blanket and open it" I told Lyrix.

She grabbed the blanket from my arm and spread it out, well tried. I squatted down and helped her spread it out. Once it was nice and flat, I sat down and layed A'sair on his stomach.

"Say hi aunty Trini" I waved at her head stone.

A'sair kicked both legs back and started making baby sounds. I smiled and grabbed the flowers, I had Lyrix hold. The sound of music blasting, caught my attention making me turn my head. Surprisingly, Kash pulling up before anybody else. When he parked, he didn't immediately get out, so I turned my attention back to Lyrix and A'sair. I placed the flowers on Trin's headstone, just before picking up my phone and taking a picture.

"What happen to Trina?" Lyrix asked, referring to Trinity.

Lyrix always called her Trina because she wasn't able to pronounce Trini at first, so we just went with it. But now Lyrix knows how to say it, she just chooses not to sometimes.

"Somebody hurt her really bad" I twisted my lip and rubbed A'sair hair.

"Her and little Kashton" Kash snuck up on us and lifted Lyrix in the air.

Lyrix screamed, before laughing. Kash chuckled, while he put her back down. I'm lowkey surprised to see a smile on his face, right now.

"Wassup sis" he sat between me and Lyrix.

"Nothing, you good?" I nudged his arm.

"Im straight" he put his arm over my shoulder.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and he leaned his head on mine. He's another one that's been doing more than Maj lately. Although he moved to Atlanta, he's been calling to check in non stop. He was highkey mad at Maj for getting with Tasha after we broke up. Kash thought we could work it out even after the baby shower, but again Maj didn't try.

"Good cause I hated seeing you cry" I smiled.

"That's the only time you gone see me cry" he chuckled.