42.

July 28th, 2022
Two Weeks Later

Tory Smith

"Why we still out here? You said a few days" I asked Heem.

We had been in Jacksonville for two weeks. I wanted to hurry and get back to Dade so I can go to the court house. I was serious about getting full custody of Nezhai. Mainly because I don't want that bitch being around him. If it meant a way to get Maj back around too that would work for me. I just don't want her around either of them.

Even though he broke up with me, I still don't want her with him. Yea I cheated on him, but that didn't mean he should've left me. I needed him, but he wasn't around much. Plus Heem was first to hit anyways, but I stopped fucking with him when I met Maj for the first time. Maj didn't care to fuck with me at first, but he eventually came around. I only started fucking with Heem again because he got bad blood with Yari family. I also lowkey just wanted to make Maj mad.

Heem just getting boring as fuck and he pussy. The minute I told Maj we was fucking, he wanted to come out here. At first I thought it was just a trip, but now it's like he not tryna leave. I'm ready to go back to get my man and my son back. I don't care this nigga Heem for real.

"I know them niggas finna try some shit, I'm not finna sit around like a sitting duck"

"Yet here we are sitting in your grandmothers house" I mumbled and laid back.

"Fam, you wanna go back?" He turned back to look at me.

"I do. If we gone get Zhai back, I wanna go back"

"Man fuck that little nigga" he waved me off.

"How you gone help me make this nigga miserable, but wanna hide out in another city?" I sat up.

He stood up from the chair and walked around to me, not looking away from the tv. He playing the game, so he real focused. Standing in front of me, he continued to play the game.

"Shut the fuck up and eat this dick. You asking too many questions"

Looking up at him, I unbuttoned his pants. Although I don't want to, ima do whatever I gotta do to keep a roof over my head and money in my pockets. He kept a roof over my head, while other niggas was putting money in my pockets. So whatever it took, I did.

*****

Naheem Woods

After dropping Tory off at my momma crib, I headed out to meet with my cousin. I just need him to catch me up on everything that's been happening since I went MIA. I don't really fuck with him cause he was tryna fuck with Yari, knowing what her pops did to mine. But he the only muhfucka I could count on right now cause I ain't fucking with them other niggas right now.

As I parked my car on the side of the gas station, I waited for him to pull up. A few minutes later, his car parked next to mine and I got out.

"Where you ass been at?" Yasir asked getting out his car.

"Gma crib" I lit up my blunt.

"Aye, you pulled up at shorty crib yet?"

"Been did, but she wasn't there. Been meaning to ask. Where you get that strap from?" I took a pull from my blunt.

This nigga play football, so he shouldn't even have one. Let alone flashing that shit round like a toy.

"Don't worry bout that, but her pops was out a few days ago. That nigga was looking for you"

"Why you mean? Nigga got years on him" I glanced up at him.

"Her mom's died a while ago. Shit if you pulled up to the crib already, he know" he looked behind him as a car passed by.

Rubbing my face, I took a deep breath. My ass gone have to leave again cause ain't no way, ima let him or his peeps catch me slipping. He already killed my pops for fucking round with his wife. Then he got my uncle killed for speaking on that shit.

"Them niggas and Ayariah brother was at aunt crib, looking for you too. Before he got out tho. What happened to you being cordial with them?" He added.

"Tory dumb ass opened her mouth. Her ass don't shut up" I took a pull from my blunt.

"That's big mouth for you. Ion know why you messing with her again"

"That mouth going to work, so I ain't complaining" I looked to my right as twelve pulled up.

"Yea I'm out" Yasir quickly sat in his car and backed out.

Trying to quickly ash my blunt, I opened my car door. Just as I sat inside, they stopped in front of my car.

"Fuck" I mumbled.

*****

Sitting in the back of the police car, I watched as they searched my car. I got a pound of weed sitting in my backpack. I know they finna catch that shit. Thank god, I ain't been riding round with my strap lately.

Seeing the lady officer pull my bag out the back seat, I leaned my head against the window. She dumped the whole bag out on the ground. Cash, weed, and a couple packs of wrap fell from the bag.

I just got out a few months ago for a gun charge, now my ass finna go right back. I seem like I can't catch a break.