Chapter 27: Alone

A BREAK WAS CURRENTLY GOING ON, Hinata, Sugawara and Coach Ukai went outside to discuss the situation Hinata spoke about earlier.

As for Haruto he had to deal with a very pissed off setter. "Tobio what's exactly making you mad about this whole thing? Hinata wants to learn to spike on his own instead of depending on a setter." Haruto explained but somehow it wasn't getting through the setter's head.

He quickly turned around and seemed as if he was trying to control his temper, "The problem is that the Prelims are coming up soon and he wants to switch out the whole strategy! Why change to something completely new that requires too much time when we can just perfect what we have now!"

He sighed and looked his partner in the eyes, "Please don't tell me you're actually agreeing with him."

Haruto hesitated to respond, the rage in the setters blue eyes making him feel fear like he's never before. Before he could even answer Coach Ukai returned back inside and the games resumed.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

THE BUS RIDE HOME WAS SILENT, the air was thick with the whole drama between the freak duo.

Haruto sat on the outer seat next to Kageyama. He didn't try to make any kind of affection toward him, afraid he might actually snap.

His eyes. They looked so much darker than usual. The only time I remember them being like that was when he got back from his last middle school game.

Finally the bus made it to Karasuno High. never in his entire life was Haruto relieved to be at school and get off the bus.

"Hey Toka, I'm gonna head to the locker room real quick to get a couple of things. Wait at the gym, I'll be back real quick." She gave a nod and started to head over to the gym.

There she saw the lights on and the door wide open. She poked her head in and saw Hinata and Kageyama setting up the net.

"Oh, are guys not going home yet?" She asked, grabbing the attention of the two.

Hinata shook his head, "No, Yachi, if you don't mind could u throw some balls for us?"

"Um, can I do that?" She asked unsure as she hesitated to step into the gym. "Yeah, you just have to toss them over Kageyama's head."

She then agreed to help the pair out, she entered the gym and placed her bag down. She made her way over to the ball bin while the duo went over to the net.

Haruto finally made his way out of the locker room and started to walk to the gym. As he grew closer he saw the three practicing together.

Hinata tried to hit the ball with his eyes open but failed miserably because he wasn't focusing on his maximum jump.