Chapter 02: Confession

TIME PASSED BY WITHOUT A SECOND, Haruto is already in his 3rd year. He didn't expect this to be this quick, why does even the day go by so fast?

But something unexpected happened.

"Damn it!"

Haruto threw his shoes against the wall in the boys locker room. Tears started to flow down his face as thousands of thoughts ran through his mind.

'Why didn't I send it to Kindaichi. He had an opening shot. No blockers were there. And the team got 4th because of me.'

He screamed into his towel falling onto the floor. After he removed the towel he tried his best to regain his breathing. He is literally broken right now.

"Yachi, are you okay..?" Haruto hears a very familiar voice.

His head snapped up and looked in the direction of the voice. There Kageyama was kneeling in front of him. He held his breath, his eyes looking confused and concerned.

"I'm sorry." Haruto held his head down, ashamed.

"I should have sent the ball to Kindaichi, I cost us the game.

Actually no one is blaming him, he is just blaming himself.

Haruto feels Kageyama scoot closer, looking up, Haruto immediately sees him holding out a yoghurt, Haruto's and Kageyama's favorite drink.

Kageyama is actually surprised when Haruto also likes his favorite drink, so everytime he goes to get a drink he always buys 2 of them.

"I figured you'd feel bad about that so I got you the last one in the vending machine." He gave a rare soft smile.

Haruto couldn't help but smile back at him, a soft blush came across his face as their hands slightly brushed when he took the drink.

"You did your best out there Yachi-Senpai." Haruto gave a breathy chuckle and looked back up to him.

"I told you Kageyama, you can call me Haruto. We're close, I don't mind."

"Ah right" he said embarrassed.

"T–then you can call me Tobio so it's fair!"

Haruto looked at him a bit shocked at first but gave a big smile

"Alright then. Tobio."

Kageyama almost crushed his drink on his hand, he blushed at his senpai's beautiful smile. He just scratched the back of his head and just looked at his face while drinking, he smiled.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

2 weeks before graduation

HARUTO WERE WALKING TO THE SCHOOL GATES with his friends until he heard a familiar black haired boy call out for him. He smiled and knew who this person was.

"Haruto!" Haruto turns around with a smile on his face.

"Hey Tobio! What's up?"

He was looking down, fiddling with his fingers.

"Can um–can I speak to you, alone?" Suddenly 'Ooh's' started coming from behind him. They all raised their brows and all chuckle and start whispering at themselves.

'Another confession, huh he probably just rejected him like he did to us. Welcome to the club Kageyama-kun.' All the person's thoughts around them.

Haruto immediately became red and he threw a water bottle at his friends behind him.

"Oh shut up!" Haruto grabbed Kageyama's hand and walked off.

"Yeah, goodluck Kageyama! We're gonna welcome you later!" They hear what Emi says.

Kageyama wondered. 'Welcoming me? For? I don't get it.'

A tick mark grew on Haruto's head. 'I swear to God Sakai Emi, you're getting it when I see you tomorrow.'

Haruto pulled Kageyama away from the crowd and ended up behind the volleyball gym.

"So what's up Tobio?" Haruto looked back at him, he seemed nervous.

'Cute. Ah. I mean he's cute...yeah.'

"Well I–" he began trying to look Haruto in the eye, but turning red immediately after. He slapped his cheeks and muttered to himself. Haruto looked at him v e r y concerned.

"Tobio? Are you–" before he finished his sentence Kageyama cut him off.

"Haruto, I like you!" He said with his head down.

"I um–I wanted to tell you before you left.." his hands started to shake a little. Haruto looked at him in disbelief and with a very red face. He immediately started crying because of the overwhelming serotonin he just got.

"Ah! Haruto What's wrong?!" Haruto grabbed onto his shoulders and looked up at him, tears still going down his face.

"Thank you for liking me." Haruto's cry while saying those words. Kageyama deadpanned. Seriously. So many people confess to him, who would not like him?

Beside..

'Do I get rejected or something? Ahh... well I-It's fine I'm not regre–.' Kageyama's thoughts are cut off, when Haruto speaks again.

"I l-like you too, Tobio."

Kageyama immediately blushed again and turned red and redder as seconds passed. But he started laughing at Haruto's reaction, and it's like Kageyama keeps falling in love all over again. He looked down at Haruto with a sincere smile.

The rare ones Haruto were so thankful to get to see.

'I hope...I'm the only one who sees those smiles.'

Suddenly Kageyama looked down to the side and Haruto looked at him confused.

"Um can we–can we keep this a secret? I'm not really out yet.." Haruto looked at him and smiled. And hug him, Kageyama's heart burst out.

"Of course, Tobio." Kageyama's heart beats fast and realise he is so lucky to have Haruto's heart.

'I'm so lucky to have him.' Kageyama's thoughts.

"Thank you..Haru." Haruto blush at the new nickname he got. And that's from his Tobio. He snuggled to Tobio's neck. Kageyama chuckled and put his hand on his waist and patted his head.

'I'm so lucky to have Tobio on my side.'