Chapter 16: Stubborn Ace

'STOP PANICKING HARUTO YOU LITERALLY DECIDE THIS YOURSELF.'

Haruto panicked in silence as he stood outside the 3rd year classroom. He tried his best to reach for the door handle but his hands just froze in place.

'GODDDAMMITT WHY DO THIRD YEAR CLASSROOMS FEELS SO INTIMIDATING!?!?!?!?'

"Yachi?" He heard a soft voice call out his name. He looked to the side to see Sugawara also coming to Asahi's class.

"Ah! Suga-san!" He quickly placed his frozened arm down and faced the third year boy.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he played with his messy highlighted hair.

"I came here to try and talk to Asahi." He said while pointing at the door. "I guess you were thinking of doing the same thing huh?" He gave a breathy chuckle.

"Ah yeah, but I guess that now you're here doing it I'll just leave it to you!" He slowly started walking backwards aways from the class and Suga.

"You're closer to Azumane so I'm sure he'll probably listen to you more."

Suga's smile flattened for a bit then suddenly came back up. "Nonsense Yachi-san, come with me. The more people to convince him the better!"

He grabbed the middle blockers wrist and pulled him in the classroom, a small wave of anxiety rushed over the boy as the third years in the room turned over to see who entered.

"Asahi." Suga called out, walking toward the ace's desk dragging along Haruto.

The said Ace looked up from his desk, looking somewhat surprised to see the two. "Oh hey Suga, Yachi. What are you two doing here?"

The setter took in a breath before looking Asahi in the eye, "Please come back to the team Asahi. Noya's suspension is done, he's coming back."

"Ah well that's good!" Asahi smiled, "It would be reassuring to have him behind you."

"The same would go for you." Haruto spoke, surprising the two third years, which immediately sent him back to a nervous state. "Ah I–I mean, everyone would always feel reassured when you called for a toss."

He gave a sad smile and waved his hand, "I really appreciate the thought of you two but honestly I'll just be holding the team back." He chuckled.

Suga slammed his hands on the desk making the two around him jump. "Just hear me out! We have two amazing first years who are a genius setter and a good decoy. You won't have to carry the whole burden anymore."

Haruto nodded and looked towards the brunette, "We have new tactics too! If we have you and Noya back on the team we won't be a fallen school anymore! No one would call us the wingless crows!"