Judge, Jury, Executioner

Warning: Mentions of self-harm(very brief)

Once we got back to the farm we pulled Randall out of the truck. He struggled a bit but it wasn't anything we couldn't handle. Mostly everyone had come outside to greet us but they all paused when they saw Randall.

"I'm gonna take him to the shed," Shane said gruffly and started to walk Randall over there.

That left Rick and I to deal with all the questions. "Listen, he knows where the farm is, he said he went to school with Maggie and knew who Hershel was, it wasn't safe to let him go," I explain to everyone.

"We're gonna take the night, think things over," Rick adds.

I watch as everyone shares worried glances. "Did he do that to you guys?" Andrea questions, referring to the disheveled state Rick and I were in.

I shake my head, "Walkers," I explain vaguely, not wanting to talk about what had happened between Shane, Rick and I. She looked like she wanted to press further but refrained, surprisingly.

"Listen, nothing is happening tonight, for now, it's just business as usual," Rick tells everyone before splitting off to talk to his family. Everyone else also disperses and I stand there for a second. I lock eyes with Maggie and she looks absolutely exhausted.

I tilt my head in question, I know I said I should step away but that doesn't mean I wasn't going to worry. She nods her head back to the house and I follow after her. Thankfully, no one was in the kitchen leaving us to talk in peace.

She paces while I lean against the counter, waiting for her to talk. She finally stopped and turned to face me fully, the exhaustion on her face becoming more prominent.

"Beth tried to kill herself...Andrea left her alone and Beth locked herself in her bathroom. She broke the mirror...Ellie... her wrists were so bloody," Maggie explains, her voice cracking at the fact she had been that close to losing her sister.

It was clear she was fighting off tears so I held open my arms and she walked into them, her head resting on my shoulder and her arms wrapped around my neck as I held her close.

"Hey, listen to me, I am so sorry you had to go through that and I am so sorry I wasn't here, but you were so strong Maggie, and listen Beth will heal, she'll be okay because she has you," I whisper to the other woman and I feel her grip on me tighten.

We sat there for a while, enjoying the comfort of being in the arms of the other. Eventually, her arms slackened and she took a small step back, her hand coming up to dry her eyes.

"I'm sorry...I know what you said before-" I cut her off before she could even finish that sentence.

"Maggie listen, I was wrong okay. I talked to Dale, he helped me see that I was being a complete idiot. With how things are you have to fight for every moment of happiness, and Maggie I want to fight for you so bad," I tell her. I wasn't used to this, but there was something about Maggie that made me feel so vulnerable.

Maggie was quiet, her eyes searching mine, I don't know what she was looking for but she must have found it as I felt her hand come up to rest on my cheek. I felt my heart rate pick up as her face got ever so slightly closer and my eyes soon started to flutter shut.

Her lips grazed mine gently, pulling back only for a second before connecting again. This kiss was soft but full of passion. Every feeling we were scared to say out loud was being expressed as we lost ourselves. I was the one who pulled back, my hands coming to rest on her waist. My eyes flickered over her face before once again settling on her eyes.

"I love you."

Time felt like it froze. It honestly took me a moment to realize that I had been the one to say it. The thing was, not a part of me regretted it. I loved the woman in front of me so fucking much.