Chapter 66 Let There Be Light

Start from the beginning

At the docks, Robin took deep breaths as his body bent forwards. His hands rested against his knees, with sweat adorning his neck and forehead.

Looking at the multiple unconscious bodies scattered around the dock, Dick sighed with relief.

“Glad that's over”. It truly wasn't easy to defeat a group of armed thugs while making sure he didn't kill them in the process. The No Kill Rule of the Bat family was quite a pain in the ass at times.

Even accidental deaths weren't an option.

Dick knew that Bruce would definitely be on his case if he found out that someone died at his hands while the caped crusader was taking a rather long nap.

“Still....... What the hell are assassins doing in Gotham?” Dick fell into contemplation.

Of the two ninjas he had fought, only one was taken down. The other had successfully escaped.

However, he didn't have time to fall into deep thought. Barbara's words coming through the earpiece was enough to make him frown deeply.

This......... This wasn't good.

Barbara's dad was in the hands of that madman?

“I'm heading back to the Bat cave. I'll send out drone scans all over the city. We'll find him”.

Dick smoothed his messy hair to the side. He straightened his back as he took three steps forward, only to fall to the ground in a kneeling posture.

“Huff...... Huff…" Exhaustion. Dick could feel it. His body had gone into overtime, fighting so many goons at once by himself. His body conveyed perfectly the message to him. Too tired. At this point, he could barely walk.

“No need......”. The Ricochet took off into the Gotham streets.

“I know where he is”. Barbara said solemnly.

“What? Where? How?”

“He left a message on the security footage..... Said he'd be at the Cathedral”.

“The church? The one on Aston's?”

“That's the one. And that's where he's got my dad held up”. The vehicle took a sharp right, swerving in another direction.

“He left a message for you?” Dick was slightly stunned.

Barbara was silent for a second before replying.

“Not me, Batman. He wanted Batman to meet him at the cathedral”.

“Something's not right. Hold on, I'm heading there right now”. Dick frowned.

The Joker leaving a message to head to the cathedral, something was definitely up.

“There's no time. He's got my dad, the longer I wait, the more horrors he'll have to suffer at the hands of that maniac”.

Barbara shook her head without hesitation.

“Batgirl, he left a message. It's pretty clear he's luring you there. It's obviously a trap meant for Batman. You can't handle it on your own. Bruce asked us not to engage the Joker by ourselves under any circumstances”.

Dick yelled anxiously. Without regard for his weary body, he dragged himself towards the place where he placed his red bike.

He had been under Bruce's apprenticeship for four years and when it came to dealing with the Joker, Batman was more stern than he was with any other villain.

He remembered the rule of the bat family that Bruce repeatedly emphasized after the no kill rule. Never, ever, go after the Joker on your own.

Hearing his tone, Batgirl had a bit of hesitation.