12. Ooh, He Touched A Nerve

*Cackles like a maniac* König does what no one else has managed to do, get at the General's nerves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner that night at the mess hall is lively like usual. Andrea, as always, leads the banter and referees between the men.

The visiting KorTac soldiers have learned to hold their own against her team and makes dinner an exciting event.

"KorTac - 2, my men - 5. You KorTac boys are getting better every day. Let's see how good you guys get by the time your stay here ends. I'm hoping to see some improvement."

They all chuckle at that, clearly excited.

"Hey, General, I think they are at a disadvantage. One of their members isn't exactly playing along and 4 against 6 is hardly fair." Cricket points out.

Andrea nods in agreement. "You aren't wrong. The Colonel is not exactly helping his team out in this situation. How dare you abandon your men?" She chastises König playfully.

He side-eyes her, but even then, she can sense his slight amusement. "I wouldn't be of any help."

"Come on, Colonel, your men could use your help. Unless, of course, you're the type of commander to leave their men in the wind." Coltello taunts.

That gets him to glare at Coltello before nodding. "Alright. I'll play along."

They all cheer at that and Santos starts things off. "So, how's it feel to lose to a woman every time our sides face off?"

'Ooohs' are heard from both sides.

"How's it feel to be dating the male whore?" Everyone bursts out laughing at that.

"We aren't dating." Coltello grumbles. "And I'm not a male whore!" He defends.

"No, no, you are." Santos says, putting his hand on Coltello's shoulder.

Cricket now tries his luck. "The mask, did you accidentally bleach a shirt and decide to recycle it?"

König just stares at him. "Bottom."

Cricket turns red at that and defensive. "I'm not a bottom!" Everyone else is laughing their asses off.

Andrea interjects. "Of course not, you're a subby boy." She teases.

"Am not!" He argues, crossing his arms and glaring at everyone.

"Whatever you say, Cricket." Death chuckles.

The Colonel turn to Rook and Knight, deciding to kill two birds with one stone. "Dumb and dumber."

The duo laugh at that, already used to that insult.

He continues. "Who's dumb and who's dumber?"

The duo look at each other and immediately go to make a case that the other is dumber. Andrea doesn't even let them start. "König 3 - Idiots 0."

There's an uproar of laughter at that. 

"Alright, time to see if he can get the Mistress~" Andrea bonks Coltello on the back of the head for how his choice of words. He just chuckles and hides behind Santos to avoid further backlash.

"König already knows not to try with me, but he's more than welcome to have a go."

The Colonel grins under his mask. He's confident simply because he has background info on her that he can use to his advantage.

"Princess." He calls her, remembering that she doesn't like girly stuff.

That gets her to freeze for half a second before she fires back. "I'm a Queen, get it right." Close, very close.

He chuckles and keeps trying. "My apologies, your majesty. Would you like me to send some servants to draw your bath and prepare your night clothes for you? I wouldn't want you to chip a nail."

That earns König a glare. He just insinuated she was a weak damsel and it is clear that he's on the right track. The entire mess hall is silent in anticipation. Did Andrea finally lose?

"Careful, they'll know better than to set out pants for me. You sure you can handle me in my underwear, darling?"

Everyone snickers at that as König glares at her, bright red under the mask. Even though the General hasn't lost, it's clear König has touched a nerve. That alone means it doesn't matter who wins. Andrea's team has seen her weak spot.

"Alright, alright, let's end this before real feelings get hurt." Santos interjects with a chuckle.

"Fine." She shrugs and drops the matter.

"Really? That's the exposed nerve? I mean, we knew you don't like overly girly stuff, but to that degree, General?" Cricket teases.

At this point, Andrea knows she's done for and can only laugh. "If any of you start offering to carry my stuff for me, you're gonna find yourselves running extra laps during training."

Everyone roars with laughter at that, her team already finding the punishement worth it just to piss her off.

"You've made an enemy out of me, König. I hope you know that." She chuckles.

He relaxes slightly and nods. "So we finally agree we are enemies?"

"I could never hate you, baby~" She teases.

He rolls his eyes at that, glad that his mask hides his amusement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, yeah, a short fluffy filler chapter. But it's cute and I like it and it's funny. Comment below!