Chapter 7: Rest and Secrets

[Y/N POV]

I woke up fairly early to a knocking on my door. My eyes still slightly swollen with sleep, I got up and shuffled to my door.

"Hello?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. I blinked a few times, and saw Blake standing at my door in her kimono. "Oh, hey Blake."

Blake began blushing and looked away from me. "D-do you mind putting more clothes on?"

I looked down and saw I was wearing only underwear. I blushed, but I looked back up to Blake and saw her taking a peak out of the corner of her eye. I laughed. "Haven't you seen more than this already?"

"N-not by choice!!" Blake defended. I laughed and closed the door. I threw on the pants and shirt that Blake got me, and reopened the bedroom door. "How can I help you now, Miss Belladonna?

Blake turned her head to look at me and nodded. "Do you mind if I come in?"

"No.. come right in, mi room su room or whatever.." I say after Blake pushed her way inside and pushed me slightly out of the way. I raised and eyebrow and closed the door behind me. "So what's this about?"

"I couldn't really sleep.." Blake said, moving to a spare bed in my room and sitting down on a still made bed. "We've all noticed your lack of clothes and I... kind of stayed quiet while they gossiped.. I feel like I should have said something.. I feel like I owe you something..."

"You owe me nothing. You already bought me these clothes," I gestured to myself. "And protected me upon coming to the city... as well as keep my secret."

"About that..." Blake said, looking away from me, and looking to a bird in a distant tree. "Jaune and Weiss brought up that you were acting weird yesterday, and I came to inquire about it..."

"Okay?" I asked, slightly confused. I sat down in one of the rolling chairs in my room.

"During the Boarbatusk fight in Port's class.." Blake said, turning around to face me. "Jaune said your eyes glazed over and you started mumbling to yourself. Then Weiss made a comment this morning as her and I were getting ready. She said you were in the common area... half naked and talking to yourself?"

"Shit.." I whispered to myself. I bit my finger as she stared at me, expecting an answer. I thought rapidly for excuses.

'We could always eat her.' Shade popped out from the box I'd trapped him in. I sighed loudly in responded and closed my eyes.

"No, we're not going to eat her." I whispered back as quietly as I could.

"What?" Blake asked, her bow twitching.

"I'm sorry, I'm just thinking.." I said, attempting to cover my comments. I closed my eyes and nodded slightly, turning to face her. "You need to promise not to tell."

"I promise." Blake responded near instantly.

"No one, Blake." I insisted.

"You can trust me. I've kept your secret so far." She said eagerly. I took a deep breath and looked her in the eye.

"I'm a monster, Blake." I said.

"You're not a-" Blake started, but before she could finish I cut her off.

"I'm a monster, Blake. I.. I don't really know how to explain it other than I'm... part grimm. Like you saw in the forest of Forever Fall. Except there have always sort of been weird other effects." I explained. Blake stared at me intensely, silently urging me to go on. "I have another me.. a grimm me." Blake covered her mouth, aghast. "I've taken to calling it Shade, but.. I found out it's semblance yesterday. Grimm control. That's why I didn't encounter any grimm in the Emerald Forest. That's why the grimm just sort of keeled over and died in Port's class. I don't know the extent of it, but that's my semblance. I have no idea how an entity of pure hate got a semblance, but that's it. Hell, it learned its semblance before I did." I chuckled a little bit at the last sentence.