1. Together, it was filthy, let's never meet again.

On the rooftop of the Mokdong C Broadcasting Station.

I forced myself to calm down while gazing at the clear sky.

Looking back, over the past seven years of being a television writer, there have been all sorts of incidents.

Back when I was a junior writer, I foolishly tagged along for an overseas shoot for a so-called "healing nature documentary," which turned out to be nothing but chasing migratory birds to death instead of finding solace.

And that's not all.

During an open studio shoot, when the audience seats were empty due to a mishap, a senior writer who was supposed to sit in for them asked me to take his place.

He said the camera shouldn't capture any empty seats.

Well, that was tolerable.

But on that day, the talk show topic was "Hormone Therapy for Menopausal Women"!

And I was sitting front and center!

That day, for the first time in my life, I found myself in a close-up shot on camera.

After the broadcast, I had to endure endless phone calls from distant relatives asking if there was something wrong with my hormones.

That damn senior.

I should've known better since then!

Since that day, my nickname became "Menopause."

You can still find it if you search for "menopause" on the internet.

...My face.

Well, that's all in the past now.

Let's forget, let's just forget.

But this incident is on a whole different level from those.

As I looked down at the dark abyss beneath the rooftop railing, trying to turn my boiling anger into curses, a sinister voice echoed from behind.

The bastard who gave me the nickname "menopause."

"They say someone committed suicide here in the past. Why? Are you going to jump too?"

I regret even calling this guy a senior now. He's like a mine in my life, the biggest broadcasting accident I've ever encountered.

I slowly reached into my pocket and turned around. His brazen face approaching me made me want to vomit.

"Kim Tae-hoon, are you even human? Did you steal my proposal that I've been working on for seven years? Damn it! I was going to submit it for this competition!"

That proposal was a glimmer of hope in my writing career. Seven years of stumbling around aimlessly. Meanwhile, my colleagues who had been doing well were already main writers, taking charge of various programs.

The open competition at N Corporation was a great opportunity for me. The proposal I sweated over for the competition!

That jerk snatched it away without a second thought.

...No need to say more.

I sought advice from this guy and foolishly showed him my precious proposal.

"Menopause, did you call me here to say that?"

"Shut up!"

Just hearing the term "menopause" from him made me want to kill.

Kim Tae-hoon sneered at my fierce reaction.

"Thanks to you, I made good use of it. Who cares if it's Mask King...? Oh wait, isn't it The King of Masks now? The director praised the format and said it would be scheduled for prime time on weekends. It's already causing a stir."