4 | GOODY TWO SHOES

After a long shift at the Firehouse, most of them planned on regrouping over at Molly's for beers

After a long shift at the Firehouse, most of them planned on regrouping over at Molly's for beers. Emerson was tempted to just skip and head back home to slump down on her couch. But her new partner, Peter Mills, refused to let her do so. He'd been her partner for the past week or so since Gabby passed all of her classes, making her an official firefighter on Truck 81. Emerson was sad to lose her, but she was also very happy for her.

And so Emerson found herself walking inside Molly's with her head held high despite the dark circles under her eyes. She eyed the room, noticing all the familiar faces in the bar. Before she could go talk to anyone, she made sure to go get herself a drink - mostly because she didn't want Hermann to serve her another homemade cocktail. With a large glass of beer in hand, she walked towards a particular table.

Her free hand reached to tap on the shorter woman's shoulder, patiently waiting for her to turn around. As soon as she did, Emerson smiled widely. "Hi, Erin." Erin stood up right as the words came out of her mouth, wrapping her arms around her old friend.

"Hi!" Erin widely smiled, moving her from side to side in the embrace without letting go. "Jay told me he met you, couldn't believe I hadn't seen you yet."

"I know," She spoke, a guilt driven expression on her face. "I'm so sorry I didn't call earlier. I've been a little overwhelmed with everything going on."

Erin waved her off, "Don't even worry about it. I know how it is." They chuckled before Erin stood to the side, gesturing to the table besides them. "Come sit with us." Even though she had been invited by her own work friends, she figured the least she could do was catch up with her old friend.

Emerson noticed Jay was sitting at the table along with other people she figured were from the 21st District. She greeted Jay first with a smile and a wave before she introduced herself to Kim and Kevin. She was informed that Kim wasn't a part of the Intelligent unit - but she was planning to be. Emerson found her ambition admirable, especially after she learned that Kevin used to be her partner before he was promoted before her.

As Kim and Kevin got into a long conversation about the days they used to patrol together, Emerson turned to Erin. "So, how have you been?"

From the tone she used, Erin knew right away that Emerson was referring to the trip to New York she and Jay just came back from. Her partner told her he'd briefly spoken about it with Emerson when he crossed paths with her at Molly's.

"Doing okay. Teddy's better now that the whole operation's been shut down. But... it's been a hard couple of days." Erin answered, quickly glancing at Jay before turning back to Emerson who sat at the end of the table.

"Is he back in Chicago?" She questioned, taking a sip of her beer.

"Yeah, yeah. Briefly. We're meeting with Bunny tomorrow morning and all, I think he's going to head off after that. Too many things happened here."