Critique Partner Search

If you're interested in finding a critique partner to help you with your story, please head to the #cp-search channels on BCM's Discord server (link in bio). Instructions are pinned there. If you are unable to access Discord, you can share your details in the comments section of this chapter using the POSTING FORMAT we've provided below.

How does it work?

Post your story details using the POSTING FORMAT so that other folks can read them. Then read your fellow writers' posts as they roll in. If there's a blurb that intrigues you, check out that writer's work on Wattpad. If you enjoy their story, reach out to them (either on Wattpad or via Discord) to see if they are interested in reading your work.

It's best to establish expectations early.

Availability and writing styles vary among critique partners, so it's best to establish ground rules up front. How much time are each of you able to commit? How will information be exchanged and how often? Please see our chapter titled Critique Partner Etiquette & Checklist to understand the nuances of a successful critique partnership. You will also find a series of helpful questions to ask when working with another writer's manuscript.

Keep in mind that this is not a way to get reads or votes, nor is this a way to get free proofreading. Critique partnerships are hard work, but they provide maximum benefits if you both put in the effort. We advise you not to participate in this search if you are resistant to constructive criticism.

Something for our Creators.

In response to inquiries from our growing community of writers, we are expanding the critique partner initiative to support those who have signed with Wattpad's writer programs! These writers will find their own space on BCM's Discord server where they can engage with other experienced writers looking to exchange feedback.

These folks will need to join our Discord server and request the CP Pro role in the #maintenance channel. Then look for the #cp-pro channels and start connecting. 

👇           👇         👇

POSTING FORMAT

Wattpad Username:

Genre:

Word Count:

Warnings: (let us know if your story is marked mature or contains extreme violence, coarse language throughout, mature sexual content, or potential triggers such as rape, abuse, self-harm, etc.)

Blurb: (see the Story Blurb chapter in our Workshop Topics book for more information about writing a blurb)

Story Title and Link:

👇            👇          👇

📌 IMPORTANT: Once you find a critique partner, please delete your post so others don't contact you.