Chapter 8 Part 16 The Proverb is in the Pudding Part 2

"He who has ears let him hear that every wound sustained is healed by my words," Luigi recited.

The eerily silence made them pick me up and carry me before any attack would resume. We had made it to the valley where a cottage stood in the middle of nowhere.

"They over there by the river," Luigi said.

Soldiers were present all along the river bank, but Luigi knew it was Nari power. Jamie already had his sword drawn again, but Nari recalled her illusion upon seeing us. My best friend's voice awoke me.

"Seulgi are you okay? What happened to her?" Ashley inquired.

"Monsters ambushed us out of nowhere," Jamie replied.

"I am fine, just need to rest for a bit," I said.

Jamie carried me this time around out of the valley and back to civilization. Luigi listened to every wind and movement while we continued stopping at intervals to scan through the path. Ashley and Nari split up, one in front and one behind us, with each a dozen of men marching back to the village.

Our awareness became acute to the nature we had found ourselves in. No monster would attack us when we were all together like this.

"This has been a glorious holiday. Few scares, but can we go back home now?" Ashley asked.

"I do not think you guys can leave yet. We met Seulgi's grandfather, and he is probably waiting for us in the village," Luigi answered.

"I never met him and what does he want now after so many years of being missing from his family?" Jamie inquired.

The music of the village played far off. We had made it back to the marketplace in one piece. I woke up from the singing of the people welcoming us back with gifts.

We did not even know it is a big deal to overcome the challenges of these paths.

Everyone bowed as I got off Jamie's back like a return of the lost saviour. We all bowed like we had won a war. Luigi invited us for a meal and there were all the delicacies we could have imagined.

Nothing like food to rebuild our strength after a long journey. All of us ate and made our way to the other village.

"Seulgi, please heal the people in the temple first. They will forever love you," Luigi said.

"Of course, after what you have done for my mother, I will heal the people of the village," I said.

The temple where they laid all the sick people had an unpleasant odour now. Unbearable for my nose that made me puke at the entrance. I finally had an audience to showcase my incredible power my grandmother had passed down to me to help people in distress.

"Prove 8: 1-11 Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice? At the highest point along the way, where the paths meet, she takes her stand; beside the gate leading into the city, at the entrance, she cries aloud: To you, O people, I call out; I raise my voice to all mankind. You who are simple, gain prudence; you who are foolish, set your hearts on it. Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right. My mouth speaks what is true, for my lips detest wickedness. All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse. To the discerning all of them are right; they are upright to those who have found knowledge. Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her," I recited.

Families stood outside the temple awaiting the miracle. The whole temple lit up with a white light that forced everyone to close their eyes and one by one the people emerged from the temple to hug and kiss their families.

Mothers and fathers made it rain with all the tears that were shed from their eyes.

I stood at the temple door observing the unification of families that made my heart cry out of the love I saw. I had found my purpose in this life.

"Peace be upon you all," I shouted.

Everyone fell to their knees and bowed as the artifact shone for all to see. We made our way through the crowd of tears and joy.

Overwhelmed by my emotions, all the tattoos moved around on my body. A sign that the artifact had accepted me in my pureness and clean heart. Relief had made its way into my heart as I headed to my mother.

Upon arriving at where I last left my mother on a dying bed, samurais guarded the place. Jin stood at the door, fully adorned in his armor. The scars made sense now in his yoroi.

I burst through the door to find my father nursing my mother with a wet cloth. His embrace told me the situation was dire, but his eyes were filled with hope.

"Mother, I am back," I whispered.

There was no response as I held her hand.

"Prove 11: 19-27 Truly the righteous attain life, but whoever pursues evil finds death. The Lord detests those whose hearts are perverse, but he delights in those whose ways are blameless. Be sure of this: The wicked will not go unpunished, but those who are righteous will go free. Like a gold ring on a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion. The desire of the righteous ends only in good, but the hope of the wicked only in wrath. One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. People curse the one who hoards grain, but they pray for God's blessing on the one who is willing to sell. Whoever seeks good finds favor, but evil comes to one who searches for it," I recited.

My mother opened her eyes with a smile like she had a splendid dream and I just woke her up for cereal. Tears fell from my eyes as everyone in the room cried together like never before. My words reverberated through the village and everyone in the vicinity got healed from every disease that plagued the village.

My power had no equal.

Chapter 8 completed

Thank you very much for all the interaction on this novella.

Your favorite character so far?

Prompt 1 Sometimes words speak louder than action

GUESS WHAT?  (ONC 2024)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें