Chapter 10

It had been a few days since the Zoo incident and there had been no sign of Veloci or his Primordial Ooze anywhere and this made the Dino Squad nervous. What they didn't know was just how bad things for them had gotten. Veloci was studying the dna sequences of the sample he'd taken from Kyle and he was beyond shocked at what he was finding. "Megara, I need a sample of your dna to compare, because if what I'm reading is correct then that perfect acrocanthosaurus we had was just like us, the only difference is somehow that one's age is only registering as 18 years old." Said Veloci. "That's not possible, their dna should be registering as 65 million years, not 18, hmm, maybe your primordial ooze has only been mutating animals because they aren't who you should be targeting, have you tried human experimentation?" Asked Megara. "No I haven't thought of that yet, but if what you're saying is true, then this could be the key to the dinosaurs return to the world." Said Veloci.

Meanwhile with the Dino Squad, Fiona and Max were helping Kyle get used to different situations such as the freezing temperatures and ice walking that they had learned through playing hockey. "I don't get how playing hockey is usefuuuul." Said Kyle as he slipped falling on his side. "Trust me, it gets easier." Said Fiona as she and Max were moving on the ice like it was second nature. "Yeah, you just gotta keep moving otherwise dormancy will take over." Said Max. After a while of this they reverted to human and took a break. "So, when do you think Veloci will make his next move, it's been a week and I don't like how quiet he's been." Said Kyle. "Idk, hopefully never but given our luck it could be any minute now." Said Fiona and as if on cue their communicators went off. "Max, Fiona, Kyle I'm picking up a rather strange signal coming from the town north of you, I'm sending Buzz, Caruso, and Rodger with your Chillers and Spillers." Said Mrs. Moynihan over their communicators. "Alright, thanks Mrs. M, we'll meet them at the location." Said Fiona as she, Max, and Kyle hopped into the SUV and began heading to the town.

They didn't even have to go searching to find their target since there in the middle of the town were three mutant cows and oddly enough something that almost resembled a perfect Parasaurolophus. "Uh am I seeing things or is that one not a mutant." Said Kyle. "You're right on that, but I hope this doesn't mean Veloci has broken the code to our secrets." Said Max. "Don't forget last time though, it could be a hologram designed to lure us out." Said Fiona as she, Max and Kyle went dino to round up the targets since they were waiting on the others to arrive.

Once they had arrived they began de-oozing the cows since they hadn't been able to round up the Parasaurolophus. "This doesn't make sense, these cows weren't any different from regular mutants so what is this strange signal I'm still getting." Said Rodger. "It's probably the Parasaurolophus we saw when we drove in." Said Kyle. "Yeah that would explain it ... wait did you say you saw a perfect parasaurolophus?" Asked Rodger. "Yeah, at first we thought it was just another holograph from Veloci but it ran off so we thought it was actually real, but if you're still getting a signal that means it really is real, so let's go change it back." Said Max as they began tracking it. When they did find it, it was cornered by Veloci and his Oozer Losers. "Great, we need a distraction." Said Rodger. "I got this, after my escape I'm sure he's daring to get me again." Said Kyle. "I'll go with you, one perfect for another wont interest him but if we are together we might make more valuable bait." Said Fiona as she and Kyle went dino while the rest of the gang hid in the alley.

Fiona got Veloci's attention by letting out a loud roar. "A perfect Spinosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus, forget that one, get me those carnivores." Said Veloci as he and his henchmen went after Fiona and Kyle who began leading him into the jungle giving Max, Buzz, Caruso, and Rodger the chance they needed to de-ooze the Parasaurolophus only to be shocked when it turned out to be one of his Oozer losers, thankfully he was unconscious. "This can only mean one thing, he's succeeded in perfecting his ooze somehow." Said Buzz as he and the others left picking up Fiona and Kyle along the way.