Their silent Love 💕🍫

"Shut up"  without thinking, the words escaped Wania's mouth with a great deal of annoyance.

Haider stopped for a moment doing what he liked to do most with her, which was to irritate her, even more so now that they were married. But he stopped abruptly, realising that Wania's facial features, usually taut with anger at him, were this time taut with pain.

And although he usually took great pleasure in seeing her with this expression, this time it wasn't the case. "Are you really hurt?" he asked innocently, his mischievous smile fading with the question.

Wania reappeared from under her blanket, looking sarcastically at her husband whom she liked to call "the stupid clown" in her head, she frowned, this morning she hadn't come to the clinic to work because she was ill, and for over 30 minutes she's been in a foetal position with a look of pain on her face, letting sighs of pain escape her and now Haider is thinking that maybe she really has been suffering all along? UNBELIEVABLE

"Sometimes I really wonder how your neurons work? she said sarcastically, realising that Haider is a neurologist.

Haider put on an offended expression before sitting down beside her "in the same way that I can't believe that a heartless person like you is a cardiologist" he replied boredly.

Wania rolled her eyes, ready to retort with ferocity, when the pain in her stomach stopped her and it was instead a light sob that escaped her. Haider paled, he knew that Wania was rather resistant to pain, much more so than him, so if she was really in pain, it must have really hurt.

"I'm going to call Ammi," he said seriously, but Wania quickly caught Haider's hand, stopping him in his tracks.

She didn't want Haider to disturb her at such a late hour of the night, especially as she knew that only time would ease his pain.

"We'll have to go to hospital if we don't," he said seriously and Wania facepalmed herself.

"It's not that kind of pain, I'm having my period, Mister, and the cramps are still just as violent for me, the only way they'll go away is if I fall asleep, but with the pain it'll be just as impossible" she explained simply.

Haider's mouth formed an "O" of understanding, as he regained his place beside her on the bed, he was a neurologist and yet nothing crossed his mind as an idea, he was the only son of his parents and had no sister so he felt enormously embarrassed at not being able to help his wife.

So he grabbed his phone and awkwardly googled "How can I help my wife during her period? "He thought he was hallucinating when he saw all the videos, blogs and articles, but he finally clicked on a good article and read it with concentration.

Frowning, she tried to bear the pain, she wanted her mother, her room, having her period wasn't fun enough, but even less so in a room she'd only moved into a month ago.

A feeling of nostalgia, of sadness, of vulnerability took hold of her heart, worsening her condition, but suddenly she felt two oil-induced hands position themselves on her lower abdomen and back, and she turned astonished towards Haider.

"I've read that massaging with small circular pressures helps to reduce the intensity of cramps" he explained gently, she didn't really understand what he was saying but when she felt her muscles relax as he began his massage, she let a sigh escape her.