The secret Wifey of the Basketball player (2)

Pov Author

Finally parking the car, Harun stood before the building of their flat, holding his trophy in his hand, reminding him that his team, the Warrior, had just won the qualification to take part in the international Baskette tournament.

He looked at the flat where he had been living with Zainab for nearly five years, a lot had changed, he had finished his studies and was now a professional player while on the other side Zainab, his wife was continuing her last year of medicine.

Talking about her, he found her revising her biology homework, watching one of her K-dramas, he shook his head strongly not believing his eyes, if he had learned one thing about his Zainab, it was that she was a real K-drama addict, and somewhere, he was almost jealous of her Korean actors who monopolised his wife's attention.

He crept up behind her by surprise, embracing her, and Zainab smiled, knowing full well that it could only be the man she'd loved since childhood, her husband.

"Assalam Alaikkum Harun" she greeted him warmly.

He smiled at her and returned her Salam in the same tone, he really felt at home if he heard his wife's voice, it's true what people say, it's not the size that makes the house, but the people who fill it that make it a place of refuge, so for him, where Zainab was, it was his home.

"Have you eaten ?" he asked her worriedly, knowing that he'd come home very late because of his match.

As usual, Zainab shook her head negatively, "You know very well that I don't like to eat without you" she told him as she put down her Qcm notebook after four hours of revision.

He sighed, "I know that, but I've already told you that if I came home this late to eat without me, I don't want you to put your health at risk, especially during exam periods", he reasoned gently.

But Zainab didn't want to hear a single word from him, she knew he was right somewhere, but she simply hated the idea of eating without him, she loved the way he fed her with his careful hands every time, especially when she was revising. Admittedly, Harun was still clumsy sometimes in the way he showed his love for Zainab on the outside, but every time he did, Zainab's love for him only increased.

"AMMI, ABU, I HAVE DECIDED, I WANT TO DIVORCE HARUN, I NO LONGER WANT TO BE HIS BURDEN"

Remembering her old words, she shook her head from side to side, how could she believe that she was a burden to Harun when he treated her every day as his greatest treasure.

Once out of her thoughts, she recognised Harun's victory trophy on the hall table and turned to face him excitedly. "YOU WON ?" she asked him enthusiastically.

Caressing his head, he shook his head positively, and Zainab let out a YOUPI, he was so grateful to have her, she was his greatest supporter, she had never missed any of his matches nor ever stopped pushing him to be the best he could be, today was an exception because of her exams which were fast approaching, and again it was Harun who had to reason with her so that she did her Qcm this evening.

Harun finally went off to freshen up while Zainab set the table. She had Harun's favourite dish, biryani. Harun got out of the shower and could already feel his stomach rumbling at the smell of the food.

He sat down next to her and as soon as he took the rice in his right hand, a smile came to his lips as he saw Zainab open her mouth out of the corner of his eye. He was about to direct the mouthful of food towards her mouth when the idea came to annoy her as he hadn't seen her waiting for him to feed her.