The other side of the room was lined with giant telescopes, and in the middle was a circular fireplace with a small fire.

"This place looks nice," I couldn't help but comment. "You spend most of your time here?"

"Yes,"

"But why isn't Zorge allowed here?" I asked. This question had been bugging me ever since we stepped inside the tower. Not that I was missing Zorge, but I found this somewhat odd.

"This part of the castle belongs to me. I decide who comes here. It's the same way for his part of the castle," Ivret replied, irritated.

"You and Zorge are close, I can tell," I commented, and Ivret flashed me an incredulous look instead of a chuckle and a snarky comment on Zorge. Ivret wasn't the one to joke around. Got it.

"You'll have to grill it on this fire," Ivret said, taking out the fish fillet from one of the pockets in his fur cloak. I watched hungrily as he unwrapped the fish from the parchment paper and laid it on the rim of the fireplace. "And make it quick,"

"I'll need the grill," I smiled at him. He grunted and went to the tablet to rummage around for the grill. Meanwhile, I sat by the fire and looked at the glass ceiling, watching the storm. After a couple of seconds, Ivret returned with a strange object.

"What's that?" I asked, eyeing whatever he was holding.

"The thing you asked for—the grill!" He held it up for me to see. It was... a strange-looking grill. Instead of some metal spokes attached to two parallel metal frames, it had strange symbols framed inside a solid metal frame that looked like copper. It was a peculiar-looking grill but a fascinating one.

"Can I—"

"No, I'll grill the fish. You're not touching this," Ivret snapped out of nowhere, almost making me jump back.

"You wouldn't burn my fish, would you?" I asked just to be sure. He didn't answer. Instead, he placed the grill by the fish and took his cloak off.

If I had any curtsy in me, I'd have looked away. But I'd been raised by a sailor whose vocabulary was more colourful than the corals and whose manners were as refined as the seagulls'. So I stared at Ivret. No, I ogled at him because I'd never seen a shirtless dragon man before.

Ivret was a dragon man with the most beautiful body. Even though his shoulders, chest, and biceps were covered with black scales, most of his features were still human. He had a perfectly sculpted chest and stomach, and the tempting V on his waist that disappeared into his pants was hard to miss.

Ivret wasn't muscular. However, his body was toned, lean and stately. I watched with fascination as he moved with an unnatural grace. I wanted to touch his scales and stomach to see how he felt, but I decided not to act on those urges.

Yet.

"What?" Ivret asked when he caught me staring.

"I'm starving," I replied, taking a last glance at his black scaley body and then looking away. Ivret grunted, lifted the fish fillet and placed it on the grill. I didn't miss the look of disgust on his face. It seemed like he was questioning every decision he'd made in his life so far.

All this just because of grilling a fish! I decided Ivret was the drama queen of this castle.

"Yes, hold it like that and keep rotating it after a minute, or one side will get too charred. Did you bring any plates?" I asked him.

"Yes, it's in my cloak," He replied, nodding at the cloak he set on his side. Meanwhile, he focused on grilling the fish with the utmost sincerity. I moved to his side and searched his cloak for more than just plates.

"Got 'em," I muttered, taking the plate and a small salt mill. "Do you have any pepper?" I asked.

"What's that?" He asked back, and I groaned.

"You know what salt is, but you don't know about pepper?" I asked, and Ivret shrugged. He was too focused on the grill, so I looked at the desk filled with jars to see if I found something interesting. I remembered seeing some dried herbs there that looked like rosemary and basil.

"Hey! That's pepper!" I yelped, unable to believe he had it in one of the jars.

"What? No. Keep that away. That's not pepper," Ivret frowned. I opened the lid of the jar and sniffed anyway.

"This is pepper," I chirped and took a few pods out, looking around for mortar and pestle to grind them.

"No, don't touch that!" Ivret growled, unmoving from the fire. I used a marble bowl and what seemed like a monogram as my makeshift mortar and pestle. Ivret made a frustrated noise, but I ignored him completely and ground the pepper until it was powdery before taking the bowl to the fire.

"It's done," I announced, sprinkling salt and pepper over the fish.

"It looks and smells horrible, and that's not pepper. That's abronz. It's not supposed to be eaten—"

I ignored him and took a piece of the fish and tossed it into my mouth. Meanwhile, Ivret watched me wide-eyed. "Wow, this is so amazing! Here, try this, or else you won't know what you're missing out on," I said, holding the plate to him.

"I don't have appetite," He grumbled, but I took a piece and held it in front of his mouth.

"Please," I pouted and batted my eyelashes at him innocently. His eyes lingered on my lips for a second. I saw something flicker in them before he nodded and leaned in to take the piece off my fingers. I gasped when his slightly rough tongue caressed my fingers, and one of his canines gently scraped my skin as he took the fish from me.

It was a very innocent act on his part, but all of a sudden, I was wondering how his hot and needy mouth would feel on my breasts and between my legs. I clenched my thighs as my core pulsed alive. This was completely unexpected and surprising.

I watched Ivret's mouth with a strange fascination as he chewed. I could see his canines, and that made my thoughts dirtier.

"It actually tastes good," Ivret said after swallowing hard.

"I bet it does," I breathed, holding up another piece for him to take from me. 

~

Comment and let me know what you think so far. 

Read daily updates on Patreon along with other exciting stories. The link is in my bio. 

Thanks for reading <3