28

15 minutes later, just as Jiaqi was about to fall into a deep sleep, she was rudely woken up by the boom of thunder tearing the sky apart. Soon after, the harsh wind followed, pelting rain droplets relentlessly against her window.

Jiaqi shot up on her bed and she looked around her small dorm room with suspicion, the horror movie still playing at the back of her mind.

Soft knocks that could be barely heard above the sound of the sudden heavy downpour travelled to Jiaqi's sensitive ears, making her fall off the bed.

Thud!

Jiaqi yelped.

"Jiaqi! Are you okay?" Xueer's voice was laced with alarm. Urgent knocks came from the door.

"X-Xueer?" Jiaqi held onto her arm as she opened the door to reveal Xueer with her laptop cradled in her hands.

"You haven't slept?" The both of them asked at the same time.

"Oh... I was woken by the thunder..." Jiaqi sheepishly scratched her head, a blush creeping up on her.

"...Did you fall?" Xueer peeked her head out to catch the sight of Jiaqi's panda lying face down on Jiaqi's blanket that had fallen onto the floor.

"...N-no...?" Jiaqi took a step to her right, blocking Xueer's view.

"...Really?" Xueer furrowed her eyebrows at Jiaqi in disbelief, "So, you were just lying down on the floor...?"

"Y-yeah...?" Jiaqi stuttered, "It's a different view."

"Let me see." Xueer said as she gently placed her hand over Jiaqi's hand that was supporting her arm.

Jiaqi jumped and she went to hide behind the door.

"L-Let... let y-y-you s-see... w-what?" Jiaqi asked, tripping almost every word.

"See you, of course...See if you bruised yourself... What else is there to see...?" Xueer's eyes held a glint of mischief.

"W-well, I-I'm fine... so, goodnight?" Jiaqi questioned, slowly pushing the door forward.

Xueer placed her hand on the door, stopping Jiaqi.

"Wait, Jiaqi." Xueer said before she continued,

"My lights won't turn on. Can I study in your room?" Xueer asked softly.

Her hair dryer had malfunctioned... her wrist malfunctioned too... Now, her lights won't turn on.

Concerned, Jiaqi said, "X-Xueer, it seems like you moved into a faulty room. Maybe, you should contact the administration."

"I will...For tonight, can I?" Xueer used her puppy eyes on Jiaqi, which proved to be very effective.

"...I guess so...?" Jiaqi opened the door wider for Xueer to enter.

Jiaqi rushed to move the blanket and her panda back onto the bed and she dived under the blanket, hiding her face behind the panda, while Xueer closed the door behind her.

Shooting curious looks at the fox, Xueer made her way to the table.

Xueer moved Jiaqi's things out of the way, put down her laptop, turned on the table lamp and she started to review her class materials.

Still suspicious, Jiaqi continued to watch Xueer from the back of her panda.

Feeling the weight of Jiaqi's stare, Xueer turned and shot a heart-fluttering smile at Jiaqi with her crescent eyes.

Flustered, Jiaqi quickly turned the other way and faced the wall.

Xueer is so tenacious... She is so hot...

Jiaqi looked at the wall as she waited till she was calm enough and she drifted off into a dreamless sleep with Xueer's comforting presence beside her.

After Xueer was halfway through her materials, did she look at the fox again.

Xueer smiled, seeing that the fox was in a deep slumber. She was worried that Jiaqi would be unable to sleep because of the movie that they watched. In addition, the thunder and heavy downpour were additional factors.

Catching sight of the blanket in disorder, Xueer sat on the edge of the bed and she went to pull the blanket up and tuck the fox in.

Unexpectedly, Xueer was pulled down.