25

Xueer watched the movie with mild interest while Yuyan squeezed Xueer's hand every time that there was a jumpscare.

Jiaqi could barely see anything through her fingers that were shielding her from the movie screen.

Despite her blocked view, Jiaqi still visibly jumped in her seat each time that something shocking happened.

Throughout the first part of the movie, Xueer wondered if Jiaqi was the voice actress as every time the main actress in the movie screamed, Jiaqi screamed too.

Every time Jiaqi screamed, Xueer laughed while Yuyan looked very concerned for Xueer.

How can anyone laugh when they watch this? Yuyan buried her face into Xueer's neck, inhaling Xueer's comforting scent as she took a break from watching the movie.

The horror movie was about a group of university friends who decided to explore a haunted classroom in an old building. They played truth or dare and the loser had to touch a journal left in the drawer under the teacher's table. The loser did so and things spiralled from there.

Jiaqi was on high alert, preparing for a jumpscare when the camera slowly zoomed into an empty mirror when Jiaqi heard a sudden "Boo!" into her right ear.

"XUEER!" Jiaqi whined, hiding her face in fear.

They were met with a lot of shushing sounds.

"That is so mean... Do it again, Xueer." Yuyan whispered to Xueer.

Jiaqi crossed her arms as she turned away from Xueer.

She seems mad.

Xueer thought.

"Jiaqi~" Xueer gently called the fox.

"Don't be mad~" Xueer unintentionally pushed Yuyan off her as Xueer went to coax the fox.

Gently placing her hands over Jiaqi's still crossed arms, Xueer pulled Jiaqi closer to her. Xueer did so, slowly and gently, giving Jiaqi a way out if she did not want to be pulled closer.

Seeing that Jiaqi did not wiggle her way out, Xueer proceeded to wrap her arms around Jiaqi's neck and cling onto her.

W-what is she d-doing?

Jiaqi froze as Xueer nuzzled her cheek against her face, squishing their faces together.

"X-Xueer...?" The name softly fell from Jiaqi's lips as she stared straight ahead at the movie screen, unblinkingly.

Even though the scene that Jiaqi was seeing on the movie screen was anything but wholesome, Jiaqi felt a sudden burst of happiness as she held onto Xueer's arms that were wrapped around her.

As suddenly as it happened, Xueer quickly withdrew her arms and returned to watching the movie like nothing happened.

"..." Jiaqi flushed a shade of red as she settled back into her seat and clasped her hands on her lap in a rigid position.

"Xueer..." Yuyan leaned against Xueer's shoulder as she watched the movie silently. Yuyan had chosen not to see Xueer hugging Jiaqi, and was fixated on the movie throughout.

For the remainder of the movie, Jiaqi could not stop thinking about the hug.

Yuyan had no thoughts and was just very focused on the movie.

..And, no one could answer what Xueer was thinking... 

?