15

“...” Jiaqi stood frozen as Yuyan draped her arms around Xueer. 

“Baobeii~” Yuyan nuzzled her cheek against Xueer’s cheek.

“Quit it. It's not Friday, Yuyan.” Xueer turned around and heartlessly pushed Yuyan away.

In a low warning tone intended only for Yuyan's ears, Xueer scolded,“Why are you suddenly being like this, you have never broken rule number three - On the rest of the days, beside Friday, you are just my friend, Yuyan.

That's right…just a friend…on other days… Yuyan thought, sulking at Xueer.

It took 7 months of relentless pursuit before Xueer finally accepted Yuyan as her Friday Girlfriend.

Yuyan wanted to be Xueer's full-time girlfriend but Xueer only let her be her girlfriend on Fridays. At least, it was not a complete rejection, Yuyan thought.

Although being Xueer’s Friday girlfriend came with a lot of conditions.

Rule number one, by being Xueer’s Friday girlfriend, Yuyan must slowly fall out of love with Xueer. 

Rule number two, Yuyan must never forget that Xueer does not love her in the same way.

Rule number three, outside of Fridays, Yuyan is only just a friend to Xueer.

One of Xueer’s flaws is that Xueer is very kind so she allows Yuyan to be delusional by letting her get a taste of what it is like to be Xueer’s girlfriend. Xueer thinks that it is a way to let Yuyan lose feelings slowly so that it won't hurt so much.

Yuyan agreed to all of Xueer’s conditions but little did Xueer know that Yuyan agreed, because Yuyan thinks that she can change Xueer’s mind.

In Yuyan’s head, Xueer’s three conditions are as follows:

1. By being Xueer’s Friday girlfriend, Yuyan will be able to make Xueer slowly fall in love with her too. Eventually, they will be official girlfriends.

2. Yuyan must never forget that Xueer doesn't love her in the same way… YET. 

3. Outside of Fridays, Yuyan is only just a friend to Xueer until condition number 1 has been satisfied. 

“Xueer…” Jiaqi quietly called Xueer, making her turn her back on Yuyan.

“Jiaqi… I can explain.” Xueer noticed the tears that were in Jiaqi's eyes, threatening to fall.

“Xueer…” Yuyan went to cling onto Xueer's arm. 

Xueer shot Yuyan with a murderous look telling her to stop whatever she was doing.

Knowing that she was at risk of losing her Friday girlfriend, Yuyan reluctantly let go of Xueer's arm and she stood a step away from Xueer.

Seeing this, Jiaqi said to Xueer, “You don't need to explain about your … girlfriend… We are just neighbours, dancers after all. Let's stop meeting each other, we can just do our project over Voov.” 

Jiaqi went back into her room, the door clicking with a soft click.

“...” Even though Yuyan had only seen a few minutes of Jiaqi, she could already see Jiaqi causing problems between Xueer and herself, which made Yuyan become possessive over Xueer on a day that is not Friday.

Fluffy black hair, kissable lips, adorable expressive hazel brown eyes. 

Xueer is definitely interested in Jiaqi.

There was no doubt in Yuyan's mind.