I don't want to do this

I knocked on Tara's door, and she opened it.

"Hey Courtney!!! She went in and hugged me.

"Hi Tara." I said. I also handed her back her dress and shoes. I went to my apartment quickly to change before going over to Tara's place.

I walked inside and sat down on a stool at her breakfast bar.

"You want a drink boo?" Tara asked after she put her dress away.

"Sure. why not." I said, and Tara made me a glass of wine.

I sipped the wine, and Jake came over to me.

"Court, there's a party tonight. We're all going. Do you wanna come??" Jake asked.

"Not really..." I replied.

"Oh, come on!! It'll be fun!!" Tara butted in.

"Guys, please, I really don't wanna go."

"Pleaseeeee," Tara and Jake begged.

"Guys, if she doesn't want to go, just leave her." Johnnie said.

"Courtney, pleaseeeeeee" Tara begs, clearly what Johnnie just said went right in through one ear and out the other.

"Fine. I'll go. Just don't expect me to say much." I say angrily.

I finished my glass of wine, and Tara poured more for me. I immediately drank it.

(time skip to the party)

We're at the party, thankfully it's in the same building as my apartment. I stuck around with Tara, Jake, and Johnnie since I don't know many people.

They were all drinking alcohol and getting drunk. I decided to drink too. I had a couple of shots of vodka.

After drinking a little more, I really started feeling drunk. "Courtney! Try this!" Jake yelled over the music. He was really drunk, he handed me a cigarette.

I smoked it and then began to cough a lot. I tried it again and had a massive head spin.

"Good??" Jake asked.

"Uh huh," I said.
I went back to drinking and smoking the cigarette Jake gave me.

I went over to Tara and Johnnie, Johnnie was watching Tara dance while drunk. I joined in with her.

"You like the party, Courtney!?" She yelled over the music.

I mumbled something that sorta sounded like yeah, I'm super drunk.

I woke up on a couch. My head hurt so much. I sat up to see I was in my apartment, and Johnnie, Tara, and Jake were there.

"Courtney! How you feeling?" Tara asked when she noticed I was awake.

"My head, throat and hand hurts." I coughed out a cloud of black smoke.

"You passed out at the party Court, you had a cigarette in one hand and a bottle of alcohol in the other. You burn your hand with the cigarette." Johnnie said.

"Who gave you a cigarette, Court?" Tara asked.

"Well, I better get going I'm hungry." Jake said.

"Nuh uh, you're not going anywhere Jake Webber." Tara says angrily.

"Why not Miss Yummy?" Jake asked.

"You gave Courtney that cigarette, didn't you?" Tara yells.

They start arguing, Johnnie sits next to me on the couch.

"You'll feel better eventually, Court. Don't worry." Johnnie hugs me.

"Why don't we clean up that burn of yours?" Johnnie helps me up off my couch and brings me into my kitchen.

He looks around for a minute and gets some stuff from out of my cupboard.

He gently puts some burn cream on my burn and wraps it up with a bandage. His hands are super soft.

"Thank you, Johnnie. Thanks a lot for helping." I said.

"It's alright," He pulls me in for a hug. Jake and Tara are still arguing.

I go back and sit on the couch, Johnnie follows and sits next to me. I turn on the TV and try to find something to watch.

I decided to watch my favourite tv show, Friends. It's super good.

I sit there for hours watching and Johnnie stays by my side. Eventually Jake and Tara stopped fighting and they left to get lunch.

646 words 🤓

I wish I had a relationship like Courtney and Johnnie 😭😭