A fresh cup of coffee

Courtney's pov:

I'm at work, waiting for a customer to come.

I work at the local Starbucks.

I'm standing there behind the counter, and a customer walks in. It's one of my regular customers, Tara Yummy.

"Hey, Tara," I say as she walks up to the counter.

"Hey, Court! How's it going?

"I mean, I've been better, but I'm surviving.. Just the usual today?"

"Yes, thank you."

I made Tara her coffee, and she pays.

"Hey, Court? I was wondering if, after work, you wanted to come hang out with me and my friends at my house?" Tara asked.

I thought for a minute, I don't really like hanging out with people.

"Sure, I'll come."

Tara writes her phone number and address on a napkin and says goodbye.

Once my shift was over, I texted Tara.

You
Hey Tara, It's Courtney. I've just finished my shift, and I'm gonna head home to change. I'll be over soon.
3.45

Tara🌟
Hii Courtney!!!! Can't wait for you to come over! My address is on the napkin xx.
3.50

Once I got to my apartment I changed my clothes (you pick an outfit I'm too lazy) and went to find Tara's place.

I knocked on the door, and Tara opened it.

"Hey, Court!! Come meet my friends!" Tara leads me into her house and I see two guys messing around, Ones tall and has brownish hair, the other is shorter compared to the other guy and he has kind of like a 2000s emo haircut.

"This is Jake and Johnnie." Tara points to each of them.

"Jake and Johnnie, this is Courtney."

"Hi," Jake says.

Johnnie smiles and waves.

I really don't like hanging out with people or talking with them, dunno why I became a barista at Starbucks. It just makes it worse. I'm scared that Jake and Johnnie won't like me.

The guys keep messing around with each other, and I just sit down.

Tara watches them and laughs.

"You alright, Court?" Tara asks.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine."

I lied, I was nervous.

The guys calmed down after a little while and came and sat with Tara and I.

"So, You guys wanna go out for dinner or something?" Tara asks.

"I'll go." Johnnie says.

"I'm down." I reply.

"Me too!" Jake smiles with excitement.

"Great! I know a great place where we can go." Tara says.

"Johnnie and I should go and get ready, should we all meet back here at 5:30?" Jake suggests.

"Yeah sure, that'd be good" Tara says.

The boys left to go get ready.

"Alright, I have some things for you to wear if you want!" Tara says.

I nodded and she walked over to her closet.

453 words 🤯

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. I'm pretty shit at writing at the moment soo just bare with me I guess..