Permission

A- so Lucy, how is it going between you and Tim?
N- yes, do you see your self married to Tim?
L- yes of course, I hope in the near future that it could be us at the alter. And I obviously want a baby with him. But why are we mostly talking about my relationship with Tim. You guys are married to, both amazing man.
A- I know Wesley is amazing although I did hate him in the beginning.
L- oh we know, the tension between you guys.
N- was it really that bad, I wasn't there when you guys met.
L- oh you should have seen them. But not long after they couldn't keep their hands of each other.
A- yea one time there was a suspect who needed a lawyer. So I asked Wesley. But while interrogating him I rubbed my feet against his leg. But also against the leg of the suspect. That would be a very awkward moment, but I was so captivated by him. That I didn't even care. And not even moments after we hooked up in a storage room.
N- oh shit, at work. I thought you were against all that. Keeping it to yourself and all.
A- I was I need of something back then.
L- oh my god hahaha. I miss that time.
A- me too, I remember when I had a night shift with Jackson. It was just before Wesley and I would go away for the weekend. And Jackson put the thought of Wesley proposing in my head.
N- oh Jackson he was a really good kid.
L- I really miss him. I don't think he was here when Tim and I started dating. I think it was just after he died.
A- I know, I can only hope that Jackson is looking out on Jack and us all.
N- ugh screw this, this is our last full day in Mexico. We are not going to sit here and have a sobbing party. Let's just go to the spa.
L- yes
A- that's a great plan.

Tim took Ava to the mid Wilshire station for a tour. He got permission from Grey to do this. After the tour Tim and Ava went to the food trucks. Tim wanted to show Ava all the places he and her mom would go to. So he took her to their favorite food truck.

T- did you have fun while mommy was away?
Ava- yes thank you so much daddy, for all the fun. But is it okay if I'm feeling happy that mommy is coming back Tomorrow?
T- of course little boot, why wouldn't that be okay. She is your mommy and you miss her. Even I miss your mommy.
Ava- do you love my mommy?
T- I absolutely love your mommy. You and your mommy stole my heart. Are you okay with me loving your mommy?
Ava- of course silly, are you going to ask my mommy to marry you?
T- I hope that someday soon I will ask her. Do I have your permission to do that?
Ava- yess yes! Can I help? Will you be my daddy for real that way?
T- woah hahaha, of course you can help. And I would still need to adopted you to become your legal "parent".
Ava- okay, do you want to be my legal "parent"?
T- I have to ask what mommy wants. But how about we go to the jewelry store to pick out a beautiful engagement ring for your mommy.
Ava- but I have school tomorrow.
T- I think for one day, because this is a special moment. That it's going to be okay to miss school for one day.

The next day Tim had woken up to a excited Ava, again. Today she was excited to go ring shopping for her mommy, and the coming home of her mommy.

After they had breakfast and got ready, they went to a jewelry store in the mall. It had beautiful rings with big and small diamonds. Both Ava and Tim weren't satisfied with the rings. It didn't scream Lucy. They went to 3 different jewelry stores, all didn't have what they were looking for. Later Tim drove them to a little antique jewelry store. He thought that Lucy would love something from this store. They walked in and greeted the older woman behind the counter. They took a look around the store. And when they were both about to give up hope. But it was then that both of their eyes catches a glimpse of a beautiful ring.

The ring had a beautiful gold band with little white diamond in it. And a bigger green gem in the middle. It was beautiful, it wasn't a huge gem. But just perfect. Tim looked at Ava to confirm and she gave him a happy nod. They quickly went and payed for the ring. Because Lucy was coming home in an hour. They drove back home. At home Tim went and hide the little black box with the ring. Ava was already watching tv when Tim came back downstairs. And they were just on time. Because Lucy opened the front door when Tim joined Ava on the couch.

Ava- mommyyy!!
L- hey honey! I've missed you so much. How was it with daddy?
Ava- we had so much fun. He teaches me how to be a police officer. And he got me a little uniform. Oh and he gave me a tour of the station.

Ava told Lucy everything they did while still hugging her mother.
T- hey little boot. Can I give your mommy a hug and a kiss too. I also missed her very much.
Ava- okay okay.
L- wait did you call her little boot?
Ava- yes that is my new nickname from Tim. He gave me lessons and tests like he did with you when you were his boot.

Tim walked towards Lucy and embraced her. She put her head in the nook of his neck and took his sent in. She missed him so much.
T- I think that Ava is going to be a very good police officer when she is older.
L- mmh I don't doubt it. So Tim tests?
T- I didn't go hard on her like I was with you.
L- mmmh.
Ava- no mommy really, daddy is a big softie with me!
T- see Lucy, you changed my reputation.
L- oh is that so. It's my fault.

Lucy teased Tim, she took his face in her hands and closed the distance between them. Lucy gave Tim a longing kiss. They broke apart because someone wanted cuddles.