Could this work

T- I'm still thinking about that prank you pulled on me. That last day as a rookie. I can't get my mind of of you, and you telling me you have feelings for me.
Tim's said while grabbing Lucy's hand.
T- I think that prank made me realize how much you really mean to me. Your are not just a rookie anymore. You are the most beautiful and strong woman. You went trough so much. And i probably don't know the half of it. You raised a beautiful daughter. You earned so much respect from me. And I think I even lov- ......
Oh is it so late already. I have to pick up Ava. See you later Luce.

He gave her a quick kiss on her forehead and went to Ava's school. After school they went to the park and in the evening they ordered some pizza. They had a routine now. Tim would read a bedtime story and would than cuddle with Ava till she fell asleep. They were both quickly used to this situation.

A few days later he just had dropped Ava off at school. And he got a call from the hospital about Lucy. She woke up. He rushed to the hospital,
T- hey sleepyhead.
L- Tim I'm glad you are here. How is Ava?
T- she is great, you really did a great job.
L- thank you, where is she staying?
T- I just dropped her off at school. She has stayed at my house this week.
L- wait did you take care of my child?
T- yes and I really enjoyed doing it.
L- oh wait I kinda recall you telling me that. I was here, I could hear you. But I also wasn't here.
T- yes the doctor told me there was a chance that you could hear us when we talked to you. So I brought Ava here almost everyday.
L- yes I remember bits. But I also remember you talking about how much you missed me. And you were about to say something. But than you quickly had to go.
T- ohh uhhh uhm I don't know what you are talking about.
L- I know, you were about to say you love-
A- hey Lucy I'm glad you are awake.
L- Angela hey.

The three of them talked for awhile. Than Tim had to leave to pick up Ava. And Angela and Lucy were left alone.
A- so how is it going?
L- good, I still can't believe Tim taking care of Ava.
A- that makes the both of us. Do you wanna tell me about Ava?
L- no not yet.
A- that is okay. Just know that I'm here for you. Oh and what were you about to say when I walked in?
L- oh nothing I think. I don't really remember.

After Tim had picked Ava up. He had told her that mommy was awake. And they went straight to the hospital.
Ava- mommy, mommy you are awake!!
L- hey sweetie, how are you?
Ava- great I love staying at Tim's. He reads bedtime stories, he braided my hair. And he gives me cuddles when I needed them and you couldn't give me them.
L- oh is that so.
Tim's cheeks started to blush a bit. He couldn't give a reaction, because the doctor walked in.
D- hey it is good to see you awake Lucy. So we can discharge you tonight but you need someone to take care for you. And you also can't take the stairs yet. Is that going to be a problem?
L- uhm I live in a apartment building without an elevator.
Ava- oh mommy you could also stay with Tim. He has a nice house. And we can have a sleepover with Tim.
T- how long does she need to be on bed rest, doctor?
D- I would have to say are least a week. Than she can get out of bed but still not to much exercise. You have to take it slow miss Chen.
T- okay thank you doctor.
L- Tim I really can't stay at yours. I can't impose more than I already have. My daughter already stayed with you for a whole week.
T- you are not imposing. And I would really like it if ava stays a little longer. I am really fond of that girl.
Ava- so can we have a big sleepover.
L- okay if it really is okay with Tim.
T- yes I'm sure. You girls can take my bed. No problem.

Later that evening Tim came back with Ava to pick up Lucy. He wheeled her out of the hospital in a wheelchair. And he helped her get in his truck. After they arrived at his house. He helped Lucy settle her in his bed and got Ava ready to go to sleep.

Tim read a bed time story. Lucy was laying almost next to him. There was just a little girl that kept a little distance between them. While looking at Tim reading to her daughter she started to get butterflies in her stomach at this sight. After the story was done Ava was still awake but she had her eyes closed. Tim was about to get out of bed.
Ava- could you please stay Tim. And give me some cuddles?
T- of course princess.

After a few minutes Ava was asleep.
L- you are really great with her.
T- thank you.
L- could you please help me to the couch so that we can talk just more privately.
T- sure.

He helped Lucy to the couch.
L- I'm really grateful that Ava had you this whole time.
T- I'm glad I could help. But may I ask who the father is? I heard form Jackson he isn't in the picture anymore.
L- yes that is right. I don't really like to talk about him but I feel like I owe you an explanation.
T- Luce if you really don't want to is also okay.
L- no it's okay. So I met her father Adam in college. I was 22 at the time. We were in a relationship but he just changed and started to really down talk about me. And I also lost a lot of weight because of him. He later on started to be abusive. And I was scared to leave him. Until I became pregnant. I had finally found the courage to tell him. And than he just left. I had Ava alone. My parents didn't want to talk to me. After a while I made a change and applied to the police academy. And here we are. A five year old daughter and just a year on the job.

Lucy's eyes had started to tear up while telling Tim the story. Tim had a concerned look in his face, but also a look that Lucy couldn't explain.
T- oh Luce. I'm so sorry that happened to you. You can really be proud of yourself. I know I am. You raised a beautiful, smart and funny child even with all you have been trough.
L- thank you Tim. What I have been trough was also the reason I didn't tell anyone about Ava. It would mean that I had to tell this story multiple times. And I really hate to talk about it.
T- I get that. And I really appreciate you telling me about it.

Tim gave Lucy an hug. After holding that hug for awhile. They pulled away but they were both lost in each others eyes. Until they both leaned in for a kiss.