Intro to Occult

I'm bound and incapacitated by my blood. Unable to do anything about it. Such is family and the people who you call your own, they tether you down. But what can I do except to wait and see how it will come to pass and what I'll have to deal with in the end.

My hand holds a glass filled with spirits wondering how did it all come to pass and a small chuckle left me. Remembering is all I'm good for. But still the reality of today would have seemed fiction to me back then. I wondered how she would have reacted when she saw me like this. I raised the glass to my lips and tasted the bitter liquor and it went down smoothly.

"You started early." I turned to see and it was Jeremy. I smiled and said, "Just catching up..." He sat down and asked, "Is everything alright?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Can't complain... what about you?"

He sighed and said, "Kinda the same." I nodded and took a sip. He looked at the guy behind the bar and asked, "Did Vicki came for her shift?" The guy shook his head and Jeremy looked down and dejected.

"Where is she?" He questioned himself. I looked at him and asked, "Everything alright with you?"

"I'm fine... Vicki and I had a fight and now she's not picking up my calls. I'm just worried." Jeremy explained.

I cleared my throat and said, "I'm sure she'll eventually come around... but when she does, just apologize to her, everything will sort itself out."

"But I didn't even do anything. I was just trying to."

"Doesn't matter Jerry... What you said or did isn't important. What's important is how you said it and the meaning behind it... I think it's not even that it's what they interpret it as... you know what I'm saying?"

"So I have to know what she's thinking about what I'm saying and how it will affect her?"

"It's confusing right?"

"Kinda."

"And besides, it's not like you'll be together for long so just try and enjoy the ride."

He looked confused and asked, "What do you mean?"

I raised my eyebrows and asked, "Am I the only one who's said this?"

He nodded and I sighed, "Oh boy."

"What do you think that I'm better than her or something?"

"No... no one can quantify that but what I can and many other can see is that she's not going to change... she's stuck in her own ways and you'll down deep with her just so that you'll be together and that's not good for you."

"Wow... I thought at least you'll be different but you're just the same..." He got up

"If everyone's saying it then it might be worth thinking about Jerry..." He just shook his head and walked away.

I saw Caroline walking towards me and she asked, "What did Jeremy want?"

"Not my advice that's for sure... and sorry for standing you up Caroline I know it must have hurt."

Her face dulled by my comment and I felt bad and said, "I'm sorry... I thought it was funny."

She shook her head and said, "No, no... it's fine. I'm sorry... I'm just having a bad day."

I ushered her to sit and she did and I asked, "Everything alright?"

"Yeah... I'm fine..." She saw the glass lying on the counter and she looked at me and said, "How much did you drink?"

I squinted and said, "Not enough."

"You should stop, really... and why are you drinking?"

"This is the reason why I do my belligerent drinking at home."