75

"Mars wasn't not just my girlfriend. She was the love of my life and my source of happiness," Michael sniffled up at the podium to his friends, her mother, and close relatives, "She was everything and nothing all at once. She couldn't quite love like everybody else and that is what took her. The love of death took the most important girl away from the world. I will miss her and always remember her for the happiest days that we had."

The priest nodded sorrowfully before looking up.

"As of request of the mother, Mars was cremated and asked to be spread of a meadow that Michael Clifford, Ashton Irwin, Calum Hood, and Luke Hemmings attend to." He walked towards the boys and placed the urn into Michael's hands, it shook as his sadness trembled through the teenage boy.

"I can't believe she asked us to do this," Calum shook his head, "We were the worst people in the world to her five months ago."

Their boots and sneakers crushed the dirt as the boys reached the flowery meadow that Mars loved. She would always come here after they introduced it to her.

"I can't believe I didn't get to say goodbye," Michael sighed, his hands white from holding the urn tightly.

"None of us did," Ashton sniffled, "I'm so sorry man. For everything that I put you two through. This is such bullshit, she should not have died."

A few tears dripped onto Ashton's shirt as he turned away from his friends.

"It's okay, Ash. We all doing something we regret. We are still best friends and always will be," Michael slung his arm around his friend and hugged him,the urn held in the gap between them. Calum and Luke joined into the hug as well.

"You can be free Mars. I'm not stopping you anymore," Michael gave a sad smile before emptying out the last of the jar and burying the urn.

The boys all stood, shoulder to shoulder, and walked back down the car.