33

Michael screeched his car to a halt before climbing out, rushing to her door. He was anxious to find out her answer; he was a little scared as well but he couldn't let that stop him from going to Mars.

Mars was pacing back and forth in her room; she kept pulling on the end of her t-shirt and rubbing up and down her wrists. She heard the slamming of a car door and quickly rushed to the window. Mars saw a glimpse of Michael's hair before he disappeared out of her view. Her breathing quickened with nervousness as she quickly sat on her bed.

Breathe, Mars. Nothing bad is going to happen here.

Michael rang the doorbell and quickly brushed his hand through his hair. Her mom answering with a slight smile.

Oh god, she knows and probably hates me. She probably told her daughter to break up with me. I'm going to die here aren't I?

"Honey, Michael, is here," She yelled from downstairs.

Mars opened her door, shakily, and stepped out into the hallway.

"Send him up please, mum," Mars said before she quickly retreated to her room and onto her bed. She shifted uncomfortably to look normal but the tension was already forming in the air.

Michael's boots stomped up the stairs and hallway floor before he stopped at her door. Taking a large breath, he went inside and looked at her. Mars always looked breath-taking. She looked up at him and gave a smile before patting the seat next to her on the bed.

He stumbled over and sat down, facing her. He hoped and hoped that this wasn't going to be a classic breakup talk, but all he could do was hope.

"So, um. Is this the part where you breakup with me and tell me we are just friends?" He wiggled in his spot, a sad and awkward look on his face.

"Michael, I really like you. I just don't know if you will do it again," Mars sighed, brushing a hair out of her face.

"I promise I will never do something like that ever again. I care about you too much...," He whispered as he leaned slightly closer to her.

She lifted her eyes up from her lap and stared at him, moving closer as well.

"Is this the part where you ask my to be your girlfriend and kiss me?" She mumbled.

"Of course, it is," Michael smiled brightly before picking her up into his lap, "Mars, will you be mine?"

She nodded, beaming. The two closed the gap between them and shared a kiss. It wasn't perfect like in the movies but it was theirs' and that made it all the worth while of trouble. They leaned against the wall, their lips synched together in movement. A smile pressed against another smile before they let go; each having to catch their breath.

"I really like you, Mars," Michael whispered, slinging his arm around her shoulder.

"I really like you too, Mikey," Mars said with a soft smile before snuggling closer to him and pecking his cheek.

That was the first time, she gave Michael a nickname. He loved it.

Mikey. She called me, Mikey.