08

When Mars' mom got home, she didn't notice her daughter for almost an hour. Cooking dinner was a much bigger priority then saying hello to her child, as usual. When no response was made to dinner, she finally moved to the stairs and saw the unconscious girl laying against the stairwell and screamed. She yelled and yelled her name and called an ambulance. The mother shook the girl's body as she huddled around it, crying.

The blaring of sirens arrived within minutes of the call and medical workers put Mars on a gurney. She was dreaming of her moving away. They pushed the cart in the vehicle and the mother climbed inside. They zoomed out of the driveway and to the hospital.

Michael was lighting a cigarette when he heard the blares. He was sitting on the curb down a bit from her house when he noticed they were turning in there. His heart fluttered with worry, something that would scare him later. He saw the mom come out and Mars on the gurney. He stood up and stomped out his cigarette. This was bad, very bad. His thoughts jumped to conclusions as he started running back to the school for his car. He was scared, and that feeling scared him even worse.

Mars was dreaming of herself in a car, going down a long and lonely road. She wasn't driving though, in fact it was Michael. She would try to change her dream but each one held the colorful-haired boy.

Stupid Michael was destined to be in her life. He was good for her, as well as her to him. They just didn't know it yet.