38

Michael was worried. He was always worried about things. His friends, his future, and Mars. Sometimes, he would get lost in the thoughts of his stress and it was scary. He would have a blank face and be paler than usual. His mouth was paralyzed and his voice was trapped.

Mars sat next to him and helped him through it on this afternoon. She knew he needed help as well. Michael was too sweet and amazing to not get help.

"It's okay, Mikey. Everything you are thinking about is going to be okay," Mars smiled as she moved so she was sitting in front of him. She played with his hands and entangled theirs' together.

Michael sat still and slowly processed what she was saying, that was all that he could do for right now. No words just silence.

Mars sat there for hours with him and just stared at the ceiling. Michael eventually moved to cuddle her. He kissed her cheek before nestling his head into her neck.

Mars thought about her life as Michael stayed silent. She was happy with him but they were both broken toys. They had no tinkering left inside of them to be fixed. Sooner or later, they were bound to eventually break up. Neither could fix each other. They each had their own problems to deal with and needed to take care of themselves first.

Michael's soft snores whispered into Mars' hair as she realized what she needed to do. Tears were forming as she did it but it needed to be done.

Dear Michael...,