39

Michael sat up when it was dark outside and the moon was bright. There was an empty feeling in the room, his heart starting to race.

The white envelope on his nightstand caused the hair on his head to stand up. He frowned at the writing, the word Michael.

Dear Michael,

I am depressed and it was getting better when you were there but I know, though, that it won't last. You have your own battles to fight, as I can see. We would never work out, too many problems not enough solutions.

I look in the mirror and everyday and I think hateful thoughts. I hoped they would all be gone by now but they aren't. I am sure you knew that already though.

I am sorrowful that I have to let you go but you were so full of life and you were a lively, adrenaline-rushed teenager. Go live your life, Michael and I will try to get through mine. I am going to miss you so much, Mikey. These words and more cannot explain my love for you.

Yes, I do love you and I apologize that the first time I tell these words to you couldn't be in person. You are the most wonderful and sweetest human being on earth. All you did was make me, depressed Mars, happy. I am so sorry it had to end this way.

With heavy-hearted love,

kitten x

Michael kicked the post of his bed and screamed.

How could she do this?

How could she just give up on them just like that?

How could she give up on him?