"Our marriage!My foot"

Jungkook's voice was curt over the phone. "Father, I don't want to continue this arranged marriage with Jin."

His father's voice was firm. "Jungkook, we've discussed this. It's a family obligation. You know how important is this for you."

"I don't care about family obligations or business deals . I don't even know Jin. I've never met him since we were kids, and I don't want to start now. Why did you and Mother even agree to this without asking me?" Jungkook said, his tone rude and laced with frustration.

"Jungkook, that's not a good attitude. Jin is a good person, and he's willing to work hard to make this marriage succeed. You're being selfish and short-sighted," his father said, his voice calm but firm.

"Selfish and short-sighted? You're the one who's being selfish, Father. You're forcing me into a marriage I don't want, just to further your own interests. And what about my happiness? Don't I deserve a chance at love and happiness like everyone else?" Jungkook snapped, his anger and resentment boiling over.

His father sighed. "Jungkook, please. Just give Jin a chance. Six months, that's all I ask. If you still feel the same way, we'll reconsider. But don't dismiss this opportunity without even trying. You might be surprised at how well you two connect."

"Fine. Six months. But if Jin doesn't impress me, he's gone. And don't expect me to be all smiles and rainbows about it. I'll be counting down the days until this farce is over," Jungkook said, his tone dripping with disdain.

The line went silent for a moment before his father spoke up. "I understand, Jungkook. But please, for the sake of our family, try to make this work. Your mother and I only want what's best for you."

Jungkook snorted. "For the sake of our family? You mean for the sake of your business deals and social status? No, Father. I won't play along. I won't be a pawn in your game of power and prestige. I deserve better than that."

The call ended abruptly, with Jungkook hanging up on his father. He felt a sense of satisfaction at standing up for himself, but also a twinge of guilt for speaking to his father so harshly. He knew his father was only trying to do what he thought was best, but Jungkook couldn't help feeling resentful and trapped.