26. Luke is a twofaced guy

"DO YOU EVER DREAM ABOUT MOM?" Percy asked again, looking up at his father. Percy chuckled a little before he grabbed the back of his son's neck and caressed it a little. His pulled his hand away. "Your little girlfriend was taken away.. You should be going." Poseidon said as he held out a pearl. Before Percy said anything, he dropped the pearl on the floor.

Percy was automatically teleported in front of Thalia. He slowly got up and made his way to the camp to see the camp members looking at him. Clapping their hands, cheering for Percy. Erika ran up to Percy and hugged him tightly, She was dressed in her baggy camp, half blood t-shirt and baggy cargos. Annabeth slowly made her way, too, in a look of congratulating him. "Did you see her yet?" Annabeth asked as Erika still hugged him. Percy looked at Clarisse to see her with her arms crossed and a deathly look.

"Don't... say anything." Erika said as Percy was almost about to open his mouth. "Annabeth will explain."

"Clarisse stole the masterbolt." Percy said as the two were in the Hermes cabin.

"It's complicated." Annabeth responded.

"How is it complicated?"

"Everyone was ready to join the war here. To start fighting each other." Luke said as he was in this conversation. Erika was leaning against the wall beside Percy with her arms crossed. "An accusation against Clarisse--"

"Without proof." Erika cut Luke off.

"Exactly. Without proof, it would've lit this whole place on fire." Luke added. "But now you're back." He said. "You've stopped the war. You've saved the world. Now, it's safe to tell Chiron and finish cleaning up the mess." Luke said, "I told him we needed to meet him away from the celebration, so we can talk without any of Clarisse's supporters noticing." Luke said. It was a bad idea to say it in front of Erika.

"I'll keep an eye on Clarisse while you're gone." Annabeth added. "Make sure she isn't going anywhere." Annabeth added

"Great. And we'll meet back here." Luke responded.

"Wait.. You're gonna tell on Clarisse?" Erika asked as she stood up from the wall.

"Yeah...? I mean your sister stole the masterbolt." Luke responded.

Erika chuckled sarcastically. "Who do you think you're making a joke off?" She asked, looking up at him. She never liked him, and she probably never will. "You're the son of Hermes. You can run fast, Teleport, and do god knows what. Do you think a girl who can summon weapons can steal it? Your FATHER is a god who steals things." Erika said, crossing her arms.

Luke stayed silent. "You don't know what you're talking about. You're her half sister, for gods sake."

"Right I am. Because I got the brains, you sketchy old grandpa!" Erika exclaimed, looking up at Luke. Percy watched her have beef with Luke.

"Erika -" Annabeth said, trying to calm her down.

"Be quiet, Annabeth." Erika said, looking up at Luke. "I know the truth, Castellan. I know you stole it." She said before she shoved him aside and walked off.

Luke sighed, "Ready?" He asked, looking at Percy.

Erika was at the celebration. Of course, Annabeth and Erika had a little fallout. But they were talking this out right now.

"Why would Luke do that?" Annabeth asked as Erika was explaining her opinions.

"Did you not notice how he looked when he was framing Clarisse? Annabeth. It's obvious he's the one who stole it." Erika responded as the fireworks were happening around them. "I don't trust him." Erika added.

Meanwhile, Percy was thinking about what Erika said.

"Talk about the celebration. They really pulled out all the stops for you." Luke said as the two were walking to the woods. "Come on, you've said, like, two words since we left the cabins."

"Just... thinking about what the Ocracle said." Percy responded. "That I'll fail to save what matters most in the end." He added.

"You're thinking about your mom?" Luke asked, holding onto a lamp. "I get that. Believe me, I do. But prophecies? Those things are so vague."

Percy stayed silent for a second. "Erika was right." He whispered to himself, loud enough for Luke to listen.

"What?"

"The quest is over, and everything the Ocacle said has either come true or makes sense."

"Has it?"

"You shall go west.and face the God who has turned."

"Ares. Okay."

"Find what was stolen and see it returned."

"Clearly the bolt."

"'And you shall be betrayed by the one who calls you a friend.' Well, the reason Clarisse is still here is because... you never said anything to Chiron about her. Did you? You couldn't... because you knew Clarisse didn't steal the bolt. You did. You worked with Ares to plant it on me. So when the shoes you gave me pulled me down into Tartarus, the bolt would be delivered right to Kronos."

Luke stayed silent for a second before he whispered. "I didn't think you'd give 'em to Grover to wear. I am your friend. Percy, none of this was meant to betray you. The gods are my enemies. You.... I'm here to recruit."

"Recruit?" Percy asked before Luke nodded and took his sword out. Percy immediately took his riptide out.

"Easy." Luke said. "I don't wanna fight. This is what I wanted to show you. This is our way out."

"Way out of what?"

Luke slowly began talking about how horrible the gods are and how he wants Percy to join the quest, too.

"Our parents aren't perfect, but they're trying their best, I met your dad-" Percy said before Luke and Percy began sword fighting. Swords clashing before Percy slid his riptide against Luke's ribs.

"I'm sorry." Percy said as he immediately stopped. But, Luke took that as a chance to end Percy once and for all, there was twigs crunching before a spear flew to Luke, he managed to escape it before it killed him but the spear, which was heated, took his sword away. Placing the sword against the tree with a hole pierced through the sword by the spear. Erika took an invisibility cloth off her head and ran up to Percy to check if he's okay. Annabeth took her invisibility cap off her head.

"Annabeth?" Luke asked as Percy whispered to Erika.

"We heard everything." Annabeth said as she took her sword out to be ready.

Luke looked at the three before he ran through the portal he had created.

Erika helped Percy stand up, and the three stayed silent.