6. "Dont include my father into this."

AS ERIKA, PERCY, AND ANNABETH FOLLOWED GROVER,

"Grover."

"What are you doing - "

"Somebody's making hamburgers." Grover responded, "In the middle of nowhere, on a satyr path. Whoever it is... they're from our world."

Erika, Annabeth, and Percy just stayed silent as they followed the 24 year old Satyr.

After a few minutes, They reached a house. Which looked awfully weird in Erika's opinion.

"Oh, come on." Annabeth said.

"What?" Erika asked.

"Aunty "Em" has a garden full of petrified stone folks. Yeah, this is someone from our world, all right." Annabeth responded as Percy or Erika didn't respond to her. "Anyone wanna guess that "Em" is short for?"

"Jesus." Erika mumbled as they noticed the statues. "Let's get out of here." Erika said as she summonded a dagger behind her back, just for protection.

"Please, while we still can." Annabeth said as they were ready to run. They turned around to see Alecto right behind them. Percy took his riptide out while Erika was ready to attack.

"Should've accepted my offer while you had the chance." Alecto said, looking at the four.

"Offer? What offer is she talking about?" Percy asked, confused as he looked at Annabeth.

"Not today, friends, not on my doorstep." A voice said behind them, It was Medusa approaching them. The kids immediately didn't look at her. "If you have something to resolve, why not come inside and I'll help? Alecto? Will you be joining us? No, well I wouldn't think you would." Medusa said as Erika looked at her. Luckily, she had her eyes covered and snakes tied up. "She won't bother you as long as you're with me." Medusa said as she looked at the kids. "But it isn't as though she'll leave either, not if it means reporting that she failed to retrieve the son of Poseidon."

"How did you - " Percy asked, confused.

"A forbidden child has been claimed. How long did you think that secret would keep? It's a pleasure to meet you, son of Poseidon. I'm Medusa."

"Percy, don't. She's a monster." Annabeth said loudly, dragging Erika to not look at her.

"Well, l choose who we make our monsters, but right now, that one wants to tear you limb from limb, and I'm offering you lunch. The choice is yours." Medusa said before she walked off.

"Why did you look at her?" Annabeth asked Erika.

"I'm not sure if the Greek version of her story is real or not, but my mother used to tell me about her most of the time after my step-father would leave bruises on her. My mother praised Medusa and loved telling me about her. I'm gonna trust Medusa. Your mom got beef with her, not mine. Not in a rude way." Erika said, looking back at Annabeth as she crossed her arms.

Percy looked at Erika before he said, "I think we can trust her." He said.

"What?"

"Dude!"