Chapter 9

Ava's POV

Its scary , very scary . They all seem like good people but I can't trust anyone. I can't expect anyone to love me , care for me again . I expected my paren- ... adoptive parents to love me for many years but all I was left with was a broken heart . I trusted nik and Eli and all of em to never leave me ... But they left without even a single word .

But..... When I first met my "family" earlier I felt something. It was different from anything and everything that I ever felt. Something in me tells me that I can trust them more than anyone and that they will not leave me . But the other part of me tells me that even if they care for me now , they will soon realise that I am nothing but a big burden .

When I met Mr. Russo and Mrs. Russo ( I don't know if they would like me calling them mom and dad ) for the first time I saw love and care for me . I sensed sincere love for me from them through their eyes . I hope this would last .........

Right now we are going to their "home".
From their looks itself I can tell that they are rich . And on top of that the car that I am sitting in right now is a Mercedes AMG Gt  . !! Which is being driven by Mr.Russo .( Yeah, I love cars)

When we came out of the police station Mr and Mrs Russo asked me if I wanted to drive with them. Since I had no reason to deny , I agreed at got inside the car .

The drive was pretty quiet exept a few questions from them to which I answered with very few words.

After about 20 minutes,we reach the house or should I say Mansion

It looked like those castles from Disney movies and such . Even though I was awed by the mansion I betrayed no emotion on my face .

"Principessa this is our home , Russo Mansion " said Mr Russo. I gave him a slight nod . When all the others where getting inside I stayed at the doorway. What if they get angry if I got in without permission.

Like sensing my thoughts David said " Why are you standing there bambina ?, don't hesitate ,come in ." I gathered all my courage and got in . Suddenly someone jumped on me and I flinched , luckily it went unnoticed by everyone .

When I turned to see who it was . I saw it was Matteo. He was grinning like a 5- year old who got his favourite candy after being denied it for long .

"At last I have a younger sister . You know how long I have been wishing for this . But never in my whole life I thought that wish would become true. I promise you I'll protect you from everyone and everything. If you need something just call me " he said while hugging me and whining.

Suddenly my hand to his back and patted him like it was an instinct. Soon I realised what I did and retreat from the hug and panicked,What If he didn't like it? What if he was offended by it ? What if they punish  me for it ?

Before I could apologize he hugged me again tightly and I felt a wet drop on the shoulder of my sweatshirt . I realised he was crying. "Thank you Princess"he whispered.  To be honest I was not at all uncomfortable with him hugging me . It felt  so good like hugging a teddy bear..

"All right, All right enough with the sentiments go to your rooms , it's pretty late and princess must be tired , so she should get some sleep ".said Mrs Russo

" Ava dear, Matteo will show you to your room , Good night "with that Mrs Russo kissed my forehead

Then Mr Russo came forward " Good night tesoro, we are soo glad to have you back" and he also kissed my forehead

The same was followed by David, Angelo, Alexander, Stefano ,and at last Matteo.

Even though Alessandro gave me gentle smile he didn't say anything and Leonardo was glaring at me . So I guess he hates me . It did feel bad even though I don't know any of them , I felt really bad knowing that he hated me .... But I deserve them

Suddenly Matteo placed his hand in my shoulder making me come out of my thoughts.

"Shall we go " he asked and I nodded in response.

We walked up the stairs to reach the 2nd floor . It hurt every single part of me. I remembered that I had to buy painkillers. At last he showed me my room. It was at the end of all the bedrooms .

"You know all the other guest rooms are on the 3rd floor except this . We always wondered why this room was vacant. But now we know why " said Matteo.

I entered the room and GODD . It was huge

"So this is your room . If you don't like anything we can change the interiors to your choice , dont hesitate to ask me okayy"Matteo said

" The room is really nice , I like it " i said

"Okay then go to sleep sorella " with that he kissed my forehead and left . Just as he left I swalloer 2 painkillers and drank the water which was kept on the bedside table . As I can only sleep for very few hours a day , i decided to explore my room there was a reading corner which was so nice , i opened a door and  saw a huge empty closet . Another door led to a beautiful bathroom. And then the next one was the best . A gaming room.  ahhh.( Im a gamer and a hacker , but I only use my skills rarely because of the lack of equipments )

I also street race . Eli taught me to race before he went . And after that I race for others and earn a little something .

(Reading corner)

(Closet)

(Bathroom)

(Shower)

(Gaming room)

After all the exploring I decided to go to the balcony. As I was watching the stars I suddenly heard someone lighting a cigarette lighter. A few seconds later the cigarette s smell came to my nose . I stood there a few minutes enjoying the smell.

I don't smoke everyday or so , but when I want to relax a bit , I smoke . And it's been a few days since I smoked .

I turned to look who it was and I saw that it was Leonardo from his rooms balcony. He didn't seem to notice me . After a few minutes he  went inside and so did I .

I went to my bed to sleep .

I had a nightmare of Emma and Charlie beating the shit out of me because they found out about my first boyfriend. They caught the letter he wrote to me and that was the first time they carved on my back .

I jumped out of my bed due to the nightmare . Suddenly I forgot how to breathe . My heart was aching so badly and my ribs were increasing the pain

I remembered Nik's words and a few minutes later I calmed down. I took my phone and looked at the time  and it was 5:17

I decided to wake up and start my day. As I dreded the fact that it was my first day with my family........

_______________

Helloo my readers . Im trying my best to update consistently, so please adjust with me

Hope you all love the story so Farr

Don't forget to voteee ......

And comment your opinions , suggestions or corrections and please forgive me for my mistakes .