Chapter 2

After staring at my bloodied body for a few minutes I started treat my injuries . I started wrapping my ribs with bandages and applied antiseptic cream on my new cuts .

After treating my injuries AGAIN I put on a new set of clothes

(Without the earrings or glasses)

I pulled my hair into a simple bun and took my backpack that I have been using for god knows how many years. It was a bag I found from street in Boston when we lived there. Then we moved to San Jose about two years back.

Since they both went to probably a casino or something I'm going to school .

I almost like school coz no one there would beat me so bad that I have trouble doing literally anything pretty much .

I would do anything to stay away from my Loving parents(note the sarcasm) .

I looked up at the clock in the restaurant that I am in right now . It was 8:30 . I had to reach the school at 9:15 .

So I walked up to the waiter and told her " Hi Ashley " . " Hi Stella , what can I get ya ?" She asked " nothing actually, I just wanted to tell you that today evening I'll take the over the shift with you " I said .

"Ok it's fine" she said ."well then , see you later " I said . I waved at her and went on my way back

I got at the school at 9:00 I have almost 15minutes to spare. I got to my locker and took out my books . Then I decided to walk around in my spare time.

After a few minutes of walk I went to my class and took my seat in the corner . No actually knew me or liked me .

It's really because people don't want to talk to me cause I am poor and a nerd . I never had a friend other than her . But she left me without even saying goodbye.

It was the fourth period Mr. Andrews was taking the math class . I had a hard time wrapping my head around maths .

But still I was a straight A student . I figured I'd have to have good marks to escape and have a good life without my parents .

Suddenly there was an announcement

"Stella Brown is requested to come to the principal's office I repeat Stella Brown is requested to come to the principal's office"

I was stunned. I've never been called to the principal's office. Is it something I've done. Am I in trouble. Oh god I have no idea what's going on.

I stood up . I shouldn't have done that so quickly. I felt a rushing pain in my ribs , I bit my lips to keep that pain inside

I slowly started to walk to the office. I stood infront of the principal's office contemplating my life decisions.

I then knocked on the door. "Come in ."

I went in and saw my parents sitting opposite to principal Anderson .

He started " Stella , your parents are here to take you home . Also your parents got a new job in San Francisco so you are moving " he ended.

All this while he was talking I was looking down. At last I nodded and mumbled an 'okay'.

My parents stood up and I flinched. Anyway it went unnoticed by the people in the room.

My parents came up to me and said " shall we go Stella dear " with not an atom of sincerity.

I nodded and we all went inside the car . It was a very old and damaged Ford ikon that I don't know how but somehow they managed to drive.

When we were all inside they yelled at me " we are moving to San Francisco today ,no matter you like it or not so you better pack your shit up in 10 mins, if not you already know what will happen TO YOU "

I nodded frantically. They went back to talking to each other.

I looked out at the window and thought to myself ' why me ? What did I do to deserve all this shit? '

I was too focused in my thoughts that I didn't realise we were already at the house .

Charles yelled my name and I snapped out of my trance .

I immediately got out of the car holding my head down.

I could hear them shouting but I paid no heed to it. I almost ran to my room . Not exactly running due to my injuries.

I packed the following items

• a sweatshirt and sweatpants
• A jeans
• 2 tops

That was it for me then I took my toothbrush and hairbrush

These are all the things I belonged.

I put all these in my bag and went outside . Charles told me to get in the car and I did as he told .

I always hated myself for doing everything they says . I want to tell them no , but that no might cost my life.

I always promised myself that I won't die at their hands

Somehow I fell asleep. I woke up with a stinging feeling on my cheeks and I snapped out of my sleep . It was Emma's way of telling me to wake up .

I got outside looking at a very shabby house and neighbourhood looked just as bad. I got inside following both of them

" You will be sleeping in the basement as there are only two rooms . And do you want a room dear daughter? "Charles asked me in a weird way

"No sir " I said in a quiet sound

"Good" Emma said

I went to the basement, and oh my god , I felt like I was in a very very old graveyard.

The room was covered with spider webs and dirt. I'm not afraid of any insects since I've been living with these monsters .

At least it had a bed .

I cleaned the bed as much as I could and laid on it .it was pretty late considering the time we came here.

I laid there thinking how it would be if things were different and I didn't realise when the darkness consumed me

___________________________________________

HI GUYS , HOPE YOU ALL ARE ENJOYING THE STORY .