Harshad was kind enough to not stare & bombard her with curious nagging questions. Instead he welcomed her with a warm hug, ensuring that she wouldn’t be disturbed. Zoya had fed her with broccoli soup & some sour brown decoction which almost looked like coffee decoction but it wasn’t. She made several pleas to eliminate it from the list of items she brought to fill her stomach. But Zoya was adamant bossing around that she was a doctor who knew what’s best for her patients. Right now, she considered Sharon a patient. Though there wasn’t any amicable friendship between them except knowing that she was a close friend to Taani, still Zoya didn’t treat her like an outsider. She took good care of her. Taani went out with Harshad for a meeting & they weren’t back yet. So she tried to take some rest. But sleep wouldn’t befriend her.

She threw her blanket away & padded towards an open window, soaking up in the fresh air waved from outside. She heard sluggish noise coming from the door. She hesitated to check outside. But after a brief argument within her mind, she trotted towards the door & it hung open, revealing whole gang piled up with murmurs delegating knocking to each other except Rey & Swayam who stood bit far from the gang, frustrated with their antics.

“Arrr…” Simmi grinned as if she was caught in some action. “Hi Sharon” She stepped forward, pulling her into a tight hug. “Easy Simmi…” Swayam was beside them in a fraction of second, as if his ribs hurt at their hug. Everyone’s lip curled up at his care even after everything. Sharon & Swayam locked their eyes for a milli second but she averted her eyes instantly. “How are you feeling now?” Surbhi passed a smile. Though her heart churned a little at her sight, she managed to reciprocate her smile. It was all of a sudden to see them in front of her door that she couldn’t hide away from them. She wished to turn into a goofball & camouflage instead facing their accusing glare. But none looked at her with the rage or anger which she saw before. They were calm and tensed. Especially, Rey and Swayam. Rey gazed her without making any movement. She was guilty. She hadn’t allowed even him to talk to her when she was in an emergency ward.

“Sorry Sharon” Vicky gulped his words, looking at her with a pleading eyes. “We are sorry, dude” Nil joined him along with other boys and girls. “Hume tum par shak nahi karna ta…Sharon. Tum humara dost ho… N…” Neha paused. “Tum chahkar bi kabhi aisa kuch nahi kar sakti hai jisase team problem mein pad jaye…” Surbhi completed, locking her eyes on Sharon for longer period. “We should have trusted you...” Rinni clasped her hand around Sharon’s wrist. “Humareliye humari dost important hai… sabse zyada…” Bharath indicated. “We are sorry” Everyone made a line, holding their ears, except for Surbhi, Swayam & Rey.

Sharon couldn’t hold back her tears anymore. She broke down into tears, opening her arms wide. All of them hopped up on her making for a group hug. This is all it mattered at the end of the day. Yes, dreams are important. But when you fail to achieve your dreams, it is people like them in our life who inspire us to cherish the failures as equal as success. If it wasn’t for them, she would have been devastated into depression furthermore. Their love, care and affection on her was unshakable & she was blessed to have people like them in her life.

As the hug broke slowly making everyone emotional, she looked at her best friend who stood motionless. She wanted him at her side more than ever. “Tum mujhe gale nahi lagaoge?” She looked at Rey. Rey who resisted all the while barged onto her in a sigh. He was angry on her. But at the same time, he was concerned. She was his best friend after all. He could see the silent suffering she was in. She was traumatized more than anyone in the gang, since all the guilt ate her up. He could sense her shivering inside irrespective of finally showing her face to everyone. He soothed her hair as she held on to him tightly. “I’m sorry, Rey” she broke the hug, breaking down. “Mujhe nahi pata ta ki wo aisa karega. I didn’t knew it damn it. I’m so sorry, guys…” She looked at gang. “I’m really sorry. Meri wajahse… meri ek galti ki wajahse…” Sharon was out of words, unable to explain. None replied. Though everyone were concerned for her, they were very well aware of the repercussions occurred due to her one choice.