Chapter 53

"Amma… aap toh rehne dijiye… Bacche aake itne din ho gaye… lekin aap Ghar ka muh Tak nahi deka…" Rupali faked an anger. Amma placed her glass of juice back on the table empty and smiled at her. "Tumhe bi pata hai na, Rupali... Karkane mein Toda musibath aa Gaya ta…" Amma answered honestly. Even at the age of 70 years old, she looked after the weaving factory of her late husband like her own, along with her son Ronit. She may have been old. She may have been a housewife for all her life yet no one could stop her from learning and maintaining the business after her husband glided to heavens. She didn't like to depend on her son even though Ronit treated her like a queen of Malhotra family. She maybe a old soul but her heart and determination always desired to be young and dynamic. Today, her factory was giving daily wages to so many unemployed rurals; especially women who were in dire need to be financially independent.

"Hume aaj bi itna hairani hota hai… puchiye mat, Amma… Mein humesha yahi dua karti hun ki..  jab bi mein apke Umar ka hongi… apki jaisa banana chahti hun…" Manini astounded at Amma's energetic vibe. "Sach mein Amma… Aap toh mahan ho…" Mihir sided with his wife. "Ismein kudse zyada, Mera bete ka bi haat hai… agar wo mujhe apne rah ko chunane ka protsahit nahi karta toh… mujhe ye hasil karna bahut mushkil hota… lekin… Koi bi ho… apne sapne pure Karne ka drudata rakna chahiye…" Amma was philosophical in a way.

"Are… Amma… hum itni saare baate Karne ke bawajood hum jis kaam ke liye aaye te… us kaam ka pehlu karna hi bhul Gaye..." Ronit remembered.

"Kya baat hai bhaisaab?" Rishi wondered.

"Wahi… Kunal ki shaadi…" Ronit tooth grinned, proud at his son. He was proud to have a son who just wasn't a man with golden heart but a man with immense kindness. He had achieved lot of things in his life irrespective of being in Jodhpur which wasn't an extravagant city to dream bigger things. And honestly, he deserved best.

"Kunal ki shaadi… kab? Kiske saath? Humko bataya nahi aapne?" Rupali freaked out in excitement. Kunal was like a son to her. And she loved him just like Swayam. So, the news made her enthusiastic.

"Kab? Kaha? Kaise? Ye tume humko batana padega…" Amma beamed.

"Matlab…" Rishi shook his head. "Mein kuch samaja nahi…" He turned to Rupali, who sat with the same stupor.

"Hum Kunal ke liye… Taani ka haath mangane aya hai…" Ronit said as if that was the best thing he ever communicated about. He had seen Taani growing up in front of his eyes. Though her parents were died in a fatal accident, she had grown beautifully under the wings of Rupali and Rishi. He couldn't get a better match for his son even if he go on searching the globe.

Rishi and Rupali turned to each other in stunned silence. While Mihir and Manini froze not expecting that at all. Gawking at the stupefied expressions, Ronit and Amma exchanged a "do-You-feel-the-same?"  glance.

"Kya hua? Kuch galat pucha Kya humne?" Ronit perplexed.

Rishi and Mihir exchanged a glance, while Rupali and Manini did the same.

"Bhaisaab…" Rishi had no idea that Ronit and Amma had this intention. He would have loved to get Taani married to Malhotra family only if it was discussed earlier, before knowing Taani's like in it. Now, it wasn't even a topic to discuss. "Hum sab jaante hai, Kunal bahut accha ladka hai…"

Rupali's throat constricted, hoping Ronit or Amma wouldn't get offended. "Per Taani abi padayi Kar rahi hai…" Rishi was finding a way to explain, without hurting their sentiments.

"Toh hum kaha usko abi shadi karwane ko bol rahe hai..." Amma snickered.

"Agle saal Taani ka padai katam hojayega na, Rishi…" Ronit went amused.