Chapter 49

"Taani" Kunal called her. She was yet watching Rey's retracing figure. "Haan…" Her trance snapped. "Is everything okay?" He was sure there was something wrong between the two. "Wo…." Taani fiddled. "Mein tumse baad mein milta hu, Kunal…" She stepped forward to follow Rey. But Kunal held her hand. "Ek minute, Taani…" He paused. He understood her urgency in going after him. But there was something important he wanted to speak to her. "Just 5 minutes… Mein subah se tumhe Mila nahin hun… And I really miss my best friend…" He admitted. Taani blinked at him. He was the one who hadn't showed up and now he was telling as if she avoided him. "Tum na..  Kunal… Raat ko achanak gayab ho Gaye te tum… Bhai ne bola ta ki tum yaha humse miloge… but no… ab jab raat honewala hai… ab aake bol rahe ho ki I miss my best friend" she fumed, folding her hands. "acha… baba… I know... It's my fault" he sighed. "I'm leaving Bangalore tonight…" He confessed. Taani's eyes slammed on him.
"Raat isiliye jaana pada…I have been transformed to Bangalore on medical field… Aur jaane se pehle tumse milna ta…" He smiled. "Per…" Taani stood in shock. "Yaha clinic ko Zoya sambalegi… I'll be assigning someone soon…" He informed her. Zoya always cared to serve people. Among which she had really forgotten what she really wanted to do, Taani thought. "there's something for you…" He gifter her a wrapped box.

She peered at him. "Open Karo..." He insisted. When she opened the box, there was two silver ghungroo anklets. Her lips automatically split up. He never omitted her likes. "Thank you…" She hugged him. "You need to sort things between you and Rey, Taani. He really looked upset" He caressed her back. Taani broke the hug watching him in wonder. His previous actions always told that he wasn't fond of Rey. But now, there was a twinge of fondness towards him in his eyes. It was nice to hear it from him. She would anyhow manofy Rey. But, She would definitely miss Kunal.

******

"Rey…" Manini was surprised to see him alone. She looked behind him to see others. But none were back along with him. "Tum akele aaye ho… Baaki sab kaha hai..." She called out still sitting on the couch. Taani's words rung in Rey's head. It bothered him. He was hurt at her out lash. It pained him to hear her saying he didn't care her above Sharon. Sharon was his best friend from childhood. Yes, he cared for her. But he equally cared for Taani if not more. And her questioining his priorities just was a slap on her trust on him. There was always only his friends and dance in his life until he loved Taani. She made a space for herself in his life which cannot be taken by anyone. For him choosing one was never an option. Once upon a time he chose sides and suffered a lot, which he wouldn't want to repeat it again. He wanted to have that balance in his life with Love, Friendship and Dance. He wished Taani understood it.

"Mein Toda tired hun, mom… isiliye aa Gaya…" He went and sat beside Manini. Leo wagged it's tail and nipped Rey's trousers. Rey sighed as it's pupils peered him. "Leo… come here…" Manini signalled to the pup. It bounced up the couch sitting beside Manini on the other side, watching Rey again. "Ye toh… apka baate bi samajta hai?" Rey was amused. "Leo is a smart guy…" Manini was proud of that furry animal. "Acha tum batao... Aaj ka din kaisa ta? Tum sab log enjoy ki ache se?" She asked him. Ofcourse day was super good until he opened his mouth about Sharon with Taani. "Haa…" he responded tiredly. Manini gazed at his less enthusiastic son. He sounded low. Instead of asking him any questions further, she got up to bring something for him to eat. But he pulled his mother back and kept his head on her lap. "Let it be mom… let me sleep for a while…" He requested. And that was the first time he was craving for his mother's lap after many years. She was quite taken aback but didn't push him away. He snuggled in her lap as he ruffled her head. Leo barked making both of them amaze. He licked Rey's chin as Manini laughed. Leo was being jealous, now.

******

It was early in the morning when Taani trotted steps down the hall. She was reminscing yesterday's night.  After a brief conversation with Kunal she was back to home to check on Rey, only to find him asleep in his mother's lap. She waited for him to wake up and when she tried to speak he ignored her, pulling his feet into his room. He directly went to his room locking the door on her face. She was despaired at his treatment. But she deserved it for being a blunt speaker. She had accused him of something which was not true. At least, not now. After the patch up, Rey had changed so much so that he always made sure of her likes and dislikes to be heard. But what she did utterly disappointed herself. He wasn't even looking at her, let alone talk. She badly wanted to apologise.