Chapter 9

A bell rang at Shekawat's residence just in the very early morning. Swayam who sat on the living room couch sipping a cup of coffee leisurely looked up in wonder. He plodded to the door and opened it. Amazement chiseled on his face looking at the person standing at the entryway.

"Hi" Karan had his both hands in pockets of grey trousers. He was equally taller to Swayam. His black shirt enhanced his structure of the well built body. His shiny black shoes were lengthy and utmost pretty.

"Oh…. Hi" Swayam took a moment of frozen time to see him on his doorsteps. He awkwardly exchanged a welcome. "Come in…"

"Thank you" Karan beamed. "By the way, I'm Karan. We haven't officially met each other."

Swayam reciprocated a smile with lots of difficulty. "Swayam. Swayam Shekawat." He extended his hand. Both shook. "Please, have a seat" Swayam insisted. "It's fine, Swayam. I'm just here to pick up Taani. If you could call her..." Karan's words stopped as Taani walked out of her from the left side. Swayam looked between them in confusion.

"Hi Bhai..." Taani cooed with an abundant excitement in her tone. "Hey, Taani… good morning" Karan embraced her. "Aap baito… mein aapkeliye coffee lekar aati hun…" she requested. "Abhi nahi, Taani… we will be late… and I did had a caffeine right before leaving the house... I'll sure have next time…" "alright" she nodded. And that's when she saw Swayam standing right before them and watching keenly.

Yesterday night when Rey had brought her home against her will, Swayam was pacing the lawn waiting for them. He was so worried and angry at the same time. He lashed at her ordering her to not repeat it ever again. It had took minutes of apologies to calm him down. Surprisingly, Rey did take her side explaining how her cellphone had lost the network. Fortunately, her Tauji reached home at the same time and the issue was dismissed.

Swayam's core burned as Taani & Karan spoke with an ease that he failed to share with her. It wasn't like he wasn't available for Tanni's emotional support. He was indeed the best one in such criteria. But when it came to her sister, knowingly or unknowingly he had developed a uncomfortable space between them. Even with Rey's issue, he couldn't help her anyway. She had took his promise to not involve between them. But still he suggested Rey sometimes. And now, when Kriya had comeback… and when he knows she does still love him… he doesn't know what's best to suggest the trio. Kriya wants Rey back, Rey wants Taani back and Taani… She was unapologetically ignoring him. And as a brother, it took lot of self control to ask her about Rey.

All this aside, she met an anonymous person and they had become brother and sister. It bothered him dearly. And honestly, never in his life he had been jealous of anyone except for Sharon when she showed interest in some other guy. But this was different kind of jealous he was facing. She was his family. And in return he was her family. Who the hell was Karan who came in a blink & claimed Taani in a sisterly relationship??? And to top that, both were going out. And Taani didn't spare a second to let him know that piece of information before.

She knew how worried he was yesterday night. Usually, he always checked up on her closed door understanding she may have fallen asleep at the time he came back home. But yesterday, when Kaka informed him about Taani's absence, that's when he gone inside the room to check upon her. She wasn't home and wasn't picking her call. He was very anxious. He was about to go to college and called Rey as he knew he always took extra precious hours for his practice at the evenings, just to check on her. But she wasn't there in the college. And within 10 minutes, Rey had messaged him that he found her and they were coming home. That was when Swayam sighed in relief.

For the first time in his life, understood he cared for Taani deeply. And he should. After all what were families for. She maybe not his own sister. But still she was a sister to him with whom he had grown up all his childhood. He himself was surprised at the distance created between them from the moment he flew Mumbai. Even his relationship with his father was strained. All thanks to his dance which reconciled his equation with him again. And truthfully, his friends, dance and especially Sharon had become his life. And when Taani came to stay with him, he always found her weird rather than appreciating her struggle to adjust here. As if his thoughts weren't vile, his actions have hurt her too. He never stepped in between her and his friends when they mocked her for doing her duties or not being a dancer or taunting her free entry of becoming AGS/GS on Rey's proposal - his friends thought she was made GS/AGS just because she was his sister. Situations were such, his opinions would have worsened the issues. But the real fucked up part was when he got to know the real truth of Taani & Rey's breakup, he gave a flying flag for Rey's idea of fake breakup instead of questioning his ethics of hurting her sister. Or at the same, questioning his girlfriend for supporting the idea or planting the idea into Rey's head. He knew this was a web of chaos… But Taani hadn't questioned him even once about his support to Rey in the breakup part. He somewhere knew, it was a betrayal to Taani's trust on them. And all combined, the distance between Taani with him or Rey or any members of the gang were on thin string.