Chapter 29

Rey's hurt was written all over his place. He didn't think a moment before lunging at Rithwik. Neither Swayam's hold nor Taani's tensed face saved him from committing the next part of his sin. He moved so swiftly, he was in front of Rithwik in a second.

Rithwik left Taani's hands but there wasn't a hint of fear or regret on his face. He grabbed his collar. D3 gang trotted to them.

"How dare you?" Rey's words resonated for a distance far. "Tumhara himmat kaise hua ki tum ye sab Taani ko bolo?" Rey pulled him hard through his collar.

"Rey…" Taani screamed. Wahi, Karan, Surbhi and Kriya advanced but Rithwik put a hand up stopping them without even looking at them. Hina was knackered. Rithwik just concentrated on Rey.

D3 boys looked at each other, Swayam Sharon exchanged a anguish glance. D3 girls were afraid at Rey's rage.

"Tum itna gussa kyun ho rahe ho, Rey?" Rithwik's tone was calm and composed. There wasn't a hinge of fear in it.

"Dude… are you asking me this?" Rey sneered. "Tum mere girl friend ko patane ki koshish kar rahe ho… aur mujhe Puch rahe ho ki mein gussa kyun ho Raha hu?" The outrage poured from Rey was unforeseen. None of his friends had ever seen him so vehement. Not even Sharon or Swayam whom he was closest. And they were astonished beyond belief to see the protectiveness he had for Taani. Nil remembered how broken was Rey when Taani had rejected him to accept back. He had seen the devastated man. And now, he saw the similar Rey who would go any extent if anyone tried to take away Taani from him.

"Rey…" Wahi sensed the seriousness extending. But Rey and Rithwik were eye to eye. No one were listening to any one. Swayam was demented yet he was amazed to see Rey going all over protective upon his sister. He kind of liked it. "Tumhara GF?" Rithwik rose an eyebrow at him. "Haa… Meri girl friend… Taani ki taraf ek baar bi dekne see pehle Mera ye chehra yaad rakna…." Rey left his collar and held Taani's hand. "She's mine…" he pulled her hand to his chest. "Only mine…"

D3 girls looked at each other going 'awe'. D3 boys gaped at each other realising how serious Rey was for Taani. Sharon smiled at Swayam who was still in daze at his sister and his best friend being so dramatic yet in so love. Karan smiled at Rey. That was serious confession. Surbhi couldn't contain her excitement, smiled widely. Hina melted at this lovestory. She wished she had someone like Rey who told the world her as his. Wahi smiled at himself.

Rithwik laughed. And kept on laughing. D3 members looked in between at the stupidity of him. But Rithwik kept on laughing joined by Karan, Surbhi, Kriya, Wahi and Hina. Rey was addled. He turned to Taani. She was calm and hiding a smile.

"Rey…" Rithwik started. "Tumhe Kya lagta hai? Ki mein Taani ko propose Kar Raha hun?" His laughter was uncontrollable. Now it was Rey's turn to be gobsmacked. Swayam knitted his brows, perplexed. Sharon and others of D3 gang wore the same Expressions as of Swayam's. "Mujhe pata hai ki tum aur Taani ek dusre se Pyaar karte ho…" Rithwik confessed. "Infact, yaha sabko pata hai…"

Rey turned at others and everyone were controlling their laughs. Then, he turned to Taani. But she looked quite shocked at the revealation. "Tum dono na… dono ek dusre se itna Pyaar karte hai… lekin sab ke saamne aise behave karte hai ki jaise ek dusre ko jaante hi nahi…" Rithwik explained. "Aur waise bi…meine Jo bi Taani se kaha usase tumhe itna shock hone ki zarurat nahi… I was just letting Wahi know how to enact a romantic scene… we were practicing her and Wahi's performance for tomorrow"

Rey looked at him as if he slapped him awake from his long sleep. Swayam, Sharon and other D3 members were equally astounded. He spun towards Taani and she nodded confirming the obvious. And suddenly, Rey looked embarrassed at his moment of heat.