Chapter 64 Batgirl's Love

Start from the beginning

But why? Frankly speaking, this was the first time they've met. His eyes narrowed and the amusement he felt disappeared.

All that was left was a cold gaze.

“You know who I am, right?”

“... Yes...” Barbara felt slightly uncomfortable.

“So you should know........ That your tone could get you killed, or worse” Barbara froze up.

The chill running through her like an electric current stopped the evasive reflex actions she was about to carry out.

The hand reaching for her weapons didn't dare to move a centimeter further.

The next moment, the cold wind blew against her face. Barbara was stunned to discover that the mask that concealed her identity had been directly taken off.

“.....”

When?

Barbara touched her face and moved her gaze forward. He wasn't a distance away anymore, but was standing right in front of here.

The distance was close enough to gab her by the neck, slit her throat...... All sort of scenarios passed through her mind, giving her goosebumps.

“Honestly, I have to ask. Is everyone in the Bat Family this impulsive?” Playing with the mask in his hand, Amari asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Or is it just the teenage hormones?”

To be honest, Barbara felt greatly unsettled at this moment. Despite that, she tried as much as possible to keep composure.

That angled face that was particularly close to hers, she didn't have the luxury to admire it.

“You stalked me through the cameras, put up a ridiculous phone booth act, confront someone who's many league's above your power level........ Why, Though? Is it stupidity? A momentary impulse? I could kill you right this second, have your body mutilated, or just make you disappear. No one would be the wiser”.

The originally angry Barbara Gordon shivered subconsciously. He seemed to be talking casually, as if assuming but the possibility always existed.

Amari stretched out his hand holding the cowl.

“I mean, it's a perfect setting, wouldn't you agree. Like you said, Gotham's chaotic. If one little bat were to disappear, who would know that I did it”.

“Well, even if someone knew, there would be no evidence to suggest such. So tell me. Quite frankly, what do you want”.

Amari asked with undisguised curiosity.

“....... I don't think you will.....”. However, the reply he received was not what he was expecting.

“Oh?” Amari exclaimed.

“Please, do tell why you would think that”.

Seeing his eyes light up with interest, Batgirl continued.

“I've read your files..... Justice League files and Batman's personal additions on you. From there, I drew a preliminary judgement on your character.....”.

“The summary was rather clear. Basically, you won't provoke when unprovoked”.

Barbara said softly.

Amari's lips curled up.

“That's a lot of trust put on nothing more than data”.

“Ok, let's say you're right on that. Still doesn't explain why you're here”.