Chapter 63 Batgirl

Start from the beginning

The psychotic green eyes screamed pure madness as the frown switched again to a demented smirk.

“..... Hahahaha!” A maniac laughter emerged from his raspy voice. People everywhere in Gotham collectively held their breath.

Despite knowing, he wasn't there beside them, the children who were literally scared to tears had their mouths covered by their equally frightened parents.

Preventing them from making a sound as if their loud voices would cause this demonic madman to suddenly appear a distance away from them.

“Well you can let me know on your own when you find me. And just to make it all the more fun, I'll continue setting up the gorgeous fireworks all over the city, for every hour you don't show up”.

“So come on, Batsie, come out to play”.

“Hahahaha”. The maniac laugh was the last thing anyone heard before the television channel switched back to what was originally on.

But no one was in the mood to care.

Fear! This was what everyone in Gotham felt at the moment.

Pure, uncontaminated fear.

The temperature in Gotham's night just dropped by a few dozen degrees.

Everyone, even commissioner Jim Gordon, felt a chill run up his spine.

There was no doubt about it.

“What's the situation. Do we have anything?” Turning towards the analyst, Gordon asked anxiously.

“No sir. The time was too short. We couldn't pinpoint the location”.  The female analyst at the side shook her head and said with a gloomy expression.

“Shit!”  Jim slammed his fist on the table in anger before turning around to order.

“Get all available officers on the streets. The chaos that's about to erupt will be unimaginable. All hands on deck, we need to find this motherfucker and find him fast”.

As soon as he finished speaking, Gordon didn't waste another minute and rushed towards the door.

“Chief..... Where are you going?”

“Where do you think I'm going, the roof”.

All they heard was his loud voice and his figure disappeared out the door and up the staircase.

Gordon was truly anxious at this moment. And so, he rushed to do the only thing he could do.

Go up to the GCPD rooftop and light up the Bat Signal.

................

Back at Gotham park......... Or what was left of it.

Amari stood there, looking at the turned off billboard in silence.

“All this......... just for Batman”. He uttered lightly with a raised eyebrow.

“Well, I have to admit. He is the guy with the most plausible claim of being Batman's arch nemesis. This obsession and dedication....... It surpasses Luthor's for Superman”.

Amari chuckled inwardly, but his expression wasn't smiling in the slightest.

“Sir.......... Something's approaching the city”.

“Oh?” He exclaimed with slight surprise.

Putting more effort into listening, the sound of something streaking through the air fell into his ears.

That sound was all too familiar.

The air above Wayne Industries.

BOOM!