Chapter 8

"Ishan Kishan right?" She asked.
Her voice was as sweet as honey. Ishan felt happy that Shubman was getting married to such a pretty and sweet girl.

"Yes. I'm Ishan Kishan" he answered with a smile.
"I've seen you only in TV while watching cricket and you know I'm your big fan"
"My fan? An amazing star like you?' Ishan asked in disbelief.
"How can someone don't like a cute person like you?" She said and pinched his both cheeks. Ishan was kinda amazed.

Pallavi ignored everyone else and took Ishan with her.

"What the-" said Shahneel.
"Don't mind her beta" says Pallavi's mother.

"Don't mind me Ishan but I kinda ship you and Shubman" she whispered like a kid.
"What?"
"Don't tell anyone okay. Can I get your autograph Ishan?"
"Ishu... Call me by that and sure I'll give you my autograph. We've plenty of time"
"Okay, Ishu" she said and giggled.

Ishan has seen her several times while scrolling through Instagram. He was not a big fan of F1 or motor racing but his brother, Raj was. He had always thought that Pallavi must be someone who doesn't talk much and minds her own business. Probably that was only her social media personality because in real life, she was the kindest and purest girl he had ever seen.

Shubman was walking down the stairs while Pallavi was going up. Both bumped on each other. There was no one else except them.

"I'm so... Sorry" Shubman was glad and kinda surprised.
"Oh hi! It's fine. Don't be sorry, Shubman"
Shubman was an introvert himself, he didn't know how to start a conversation or just leave.
"It's..  it's my first time me-meeting you. I'm-I'm kinda nervous" he said with a nervous smile.
"Aww that's fine. At least you're being honest. Come with me" she held his hand and took him in her room.

"Sit, let's talk for a while if you're free" she sat on the floor and gestured Shubman to sit on the bed.
"Why are sitting there?"
"Because it more comfortable. We are going to spend our future together. I don't wanna keep secrets. Feel free and comfortable with me" she said.

Shubman never expected her to be like this. He was kinda shy to talk to her. Not only her but he is like this with every girls. The only girl he feels comfortable with is his sister.

"Umm... How was your last race? I didn't watch it because of my match" he tried to start a conversation.
"Not bad but I couldn't win. I might miss the next round because of all this. And I didn't know you watch me. Kinda surprised"
"You're really amazing you know so who wouldn't watch you? By the way you'll miss the next round. Won't it effect your rankings?"
"It will but no worries. I'll manage" she answered with a wink.

Her next move scared and shocked him the most. She pulled out a pack of ciggerate and put one in her mouth. She was about to lit it up but Shubman stopped her.

"Do you smoke?"
"Yes, didn't I tell you before that I don't wanna keep secrets. I'm not an introvert like you and I'm not a bad person, please don't think wrong. It's just my real self"

Shubman chuckled at her. He finally felt relieved a bit. At least she was not like someone he had expected. She was million times better.

She started adjusting her things in the room as Shubman helped her while talking.

"Don't mind me Shubman but can I ask something that is.... A little personal" she asked.
"Sure! Feel free to ask anything"
"Are you dating Ishan?" She asked with a wide smile showing her bunny teeths and dimples like Shubman. He almost choked on air and looked at her with wide opened eyes.
"Why would you ask that?"
"Because I wanted to know. You know my sister ships you and him" she whispered the last line.
"You mean Palak? She is just a teenager. How does she know all that?"
"Humlog millennials hai wo Gen-z hai. She isn't a kid too she is 15"
"Forget about me. Let's talk about you. Are you dating someone or dated someone before?"