Chapter 2

Shubman slowly opened the door and peaked inside. He sees no one.
'Ishan must've gone to take shower' comes in his mind. He takes off his cricket kit and puts it in the corner. Looking at his bed, he thinks to just sleep all day and night. While he was lost in his thoughts, Ishan came out of the washroom. Water dripping from his hair to his neck then to his chest. Shubman just can't take off his eyes from the beauty of the smaller person.

"Yo? Why are you such a pervert?" says Ishan with a disgusted look.
"Whom are you talking about?" Shubman said hesitating a little.
"Well there's no one else except you so that means I'm talking about you only" Ishan walked forward to the cupboard to take a tshirt.
"You could've taken your clothes with you. You don't need to wear them in front of someone" said Shubman, trying hard to not sound awkward.
"Someone? You're not just someone to me but if you don't like this behaviour of mine then I'll try to not repeat it" Ishan answered walking towards the washroom with his clothes.
"No I didn't mean-" Ishan cuts him off.
"I know what you mean"

This was his last sentence before entering the washrooms and closing the door so hard that Shubman got startled. He was indeed unfamiliar with this bold behaviour of Ishan. He clearly knows that the reason behind Ishan's anger must be his own fault but he doesn't know what has he done.

"Don't you wanna eat dinner?" Asked Ishan.
"When did you come back?"
"Well you were lost somewhere on another planet. What can I do? Now take shower and freshen up fast. I don't like to wait for dinner" said Ishan with a small smile.
"You do care about me" Shubman said showing his dimples.
"Hurry up yaar!" Ishan pushed Shubman in the washroom. He could still hear Shubman's giggles coming from inside.

After few days

"WAKE UP!" Ishan shouted.
"What happened?" Shubman asked in a sleepy voice.
"It's 5:00 am already. Don't you think we'll be late for practice if you don't wake up early" Ishan says while taking his blanket.
"Why are you always sulking about small things?"
"I'm just being a responsible friend"

Hearing the words 'friend" somehow took his peace and sleepiness. He felt something in his heart but not aware of what was that.
"Come one Shubman Gill!" Ishan shouts again but this time he hit Shubman with the pillow.
"Yeah yeah I understood. Wait a minute"

Today was the first match of three against New Zealand. As Shubman and the captain of opponent team, Kane Williamson already knew each other since they both play for Gujrat Titans so Shubman was not letting Kane go anywhere.

Even the playing 11 of India was strong, including both seniors and youngsters.

India's playing 11-
• Rohit Sharma
• Yashasvi Jaiswal
• Virat Kohli
• Shreyas Iyer
• Shubman Gill
• Ishan Kishan
• Shardul Thakur
• Ravichandran Ashwin
• Jasprit Bumrah
• Mohammad Siraj
• Mohammad Shami

The match started exactly at 2 pm. Rohit scored a half century and got bowled by Trent Boult. Yashasvi scored 40 off 12 balls then there was miscommunication between him and Virat while running between the wickets and he was runout. Afterwards, there was nut really a good partnership of third wicket. Unfortunately Virat also got bowled as well as Shreyas after getting closer to their half centuries but couldn't make it. Now team India had their only hope in Shubman and Ishan. Though there were 2 more all rounders left but in such crucial moment they wanted their youngsters to show their colours and do something for their country. Ishan hit a century whereas Shubman was out at 32 off 11. The target they made was 327.

This was neither difficult to chase nor to defend. The starting of New Zealand's batting inning was perfect to beat the target until Kane did a mistake and Ishan caught the ball behind the wickets. Same thing happened with Rachin Ravindra. Now the opponent team was all out at 290.

(2-9+0=7 Thala for a reason 🗿✨)

In the dressing room

"Kamal kar diya tumlogo ne especially our youngsters" said Dilip, their coach.
"I hope to see the same performance in the next 2 matches as well" Rahul Dravid added who was also their coach.
"Bharosa rakhiye. Hamare ladke aapko naraz nhi karenge" said Virat with a proud smile, looking at Shubman and Ishan.

In their room

"Itne tensed kyu ho?" Ishan asked.
"Kuch nhi tum galat samajh rahe ho" Shubman replied and sat beside Ishan.
"Don't you trust me?" Ishan said in a sad tone.

*Achha to aaj ke liye itna hi tab tak ke liye duao mein yaad rakhna aur vote karna mat bhool na🗿*