Chapter 7

*Flashback*
Ishan enters the office and Jugnu gestured him to sit on the chair.

"Why did you take me here?"
"To tell you something. Main baato ko ghumaunga nahi. Let's get to the point. See this"
He shows him a comment on Ishan's recent post saying- Failed Indian wicket keeper.
"Why are you showing this to me?" Ishan asked trying to keep his voice as stable as he could.
"Wait there's more"
He showed another comment saying- Shubman Gill is the prince. He doesn't deserve a friend like Ishan.

Ishan knew that some people don't like him but there's many people who love him as well. It was a part of every celebrity's life. He didn't understand why was Jugnu showing this to him.

"You see how people don't like when you're closer to Shubman. I'm not trying to hurt you but can you keep a small distance or a limit between you and him. He is a prince, the prince of Indian Cricket Team and you... Well, he has made his career. People love him and trust him while you failed to-"
"Can we stop this!" Ishan said a little louder and smacked his palm on the table. He was trying his best to not let a single drop of tear come out.
"See you're running away from the truth. Some people might ship you and him but only some. It is effecting Shubman's career you know. Some people think that he is gay and Indian society would never ever accept that. Look at yourself then look at him, he is a lot better. If you really love him then you will not ruin his career for your needs"

His words hit Ishan like bullets. Every sentence was like a cut on his heart made by sharp knives. Ishan would never use someone for his own needs. He didn't want to fight back as he was totally broken by his every single words. He never felt upset by reading hate comments because he knew how precious and loved he was in the ICT, he had even started ignoring them as he was playing for his country while the ones who used to hate him were probably sick or unemployed. He was hurt because he had trusted Jugnu like his brother.

"I-"

Ishan stopped because Shubman entered the office. He didn't even want to stay closer to him. Not because of Jugnu but he just wanted to be alone.

*End of the flashback*

Shubman was stunned by this action of Jugnu. He was filled with anger and rage. He was shivering in anger, his eyes started turning red. He was about to go and beat the shit out of Jugnu.

"Shubman please stop. I didn't trust you and tell you all this so that you can go and beat him"
"But he hurted you Ishan! His words were as sharp as knife! I felt disgusted just by hearing this whereas you were the one he told this fucking things to. That's bullshit you know that's bullshit. I'll kill him"

Ishan tried his best to stop Shubman but he had more power. He didn't stop and ran to find Jugnu. Ishan couldn't help but follow him. All the people were shocked.

"Shubman! Why are you-" Shahneel tried to speak but Shubman didn't stop.
"Shubi? Where are you going?" Virat stood in front of him.
"Where's Jugnu?"
"What a sudden change in your tone?" Asked Rashid.
"I asked where is Jugnu?"
"In the garden" Virat answered immediately.

Jugnu was sitting alone in the garden. He was doing some work in his laptop. Shubman held him by his collar and punched hard on his face that the corner of his lips started bleeding. Ishan and Virat were trying to stop him but he was out of control.

"Leave me Virat Bhai! I'll kill him!"

Somehow Virat and Rashid managed to hold him back.

"Take it easy. Koi batayega yaha hua kya hai?" Asked Shahneel.
"Ishan tell us what happened?" She asked but Ishan didn't know how to answer back.
"Wo- Shubi... Jugnu" Ishan couldn't speak as if words were stuck in his throat and can't come out.
"Don't ask him Shahneel di. Ask that motherfucker that what has he done to this precious soul standing in front of you!" Shubman pushed the ones who were holding him back and left from there.

Jugnu stood up and wiped the blood coming out of his lips. He looked at Ishan, giving him a death glare.

"Aankhe noch lunga tumhare agar Ishu ko waise dekha to. None of us has ever seen Shubman acting like that. If he was angry like this then you must've done something!" Said Mayank.
"Calm down guys. Let him speak. Can you explain everything now?" Virat asked looking straight in Jugnu's eyes. Jugnu gulped.
"I just called Ishan in my office to tell him that Shubman was getting married. I don't know why was he angry. Tell them Ishan if I am lying" Jugnu said and hold Ishan's hand. Though he was looking at Ishan with innocent eyes but only Ishan knew the death glares he was giving through it.

"I wanna sleep" Ishan pulled his hands from Jugnu's hand and left.
"Wow! Now I became the dictator. Just wow!" Jugnu said sarcastically.

Ishan entered the room and saw that Shubman was crying on the floor. Ishan hugged him and kissed his head.

"I hate him Ishan I hate him"
"We can't do anything Shubi. He isn't wrong too. You're so charming and important to not only ICT but whole India. About me, I'll play when I'll get chance or get dropped like always. It's not a new thing. I play only when squad needs a replacement but you... You are one of the best youngsters India will ever witness" Ishan said staring deep in his eyes.
"I love you Ishan"

Ishan pecked on his forehead and rubbed his cheeks.
"I love you more Shubman but I can't break the trust your parents have given me. They'll hate both you and me once they get to know that we... We love each other. Let's do this for the sake of our parents. We'll still be besties like before"

Shubman nodded and then both slept in each other's warm embrace.

*Next day*

Ishan was eating breakfast with Shahneel and Rishabh.

"Pallavi is so cool Ishan. She is a car racer!" Says Rishabh.
"I hope she doesn't breaks her legs while driving an SUV" Ishan said and Shahneel couldn't take back her laugh.
"Are wo bohot pahle ki-"
"Pahle ki? 2 saal nahi huye hai. Can I try once kicking on your leg?" said Ishan.

Their attention was caught by Abhishek.

"Pallavi di aa gayi hai. Wanna come?" He asked.
"Let's go Rishu and Ishu" Shahneel said but ran without them.
Rishabh also went outside.
"I know it must be hard for you-"
"No Abhi. I've accepted my fate. After all him and I are just friends. Let's go and meet Pallavi"
Ishan answered with a smile. Abhishek knew how much pain and tolerance that smile held.

Pallavi was a tall, absolutely gorgeous and kind women. She was interested in motor racing since her childhood and her parents always supported her. She was 3 years older than Shubman but it doesn't matter. She knew Shubman since her childhood but never met him before. Both had seen each other in pictures only. She was hugging others until her eyes fell on someone. She was lost in that person's beauty. She walked towards that someone and hugged immediately. She pulled herself from the hug sooner and held his hands with a soft smile.

Am I dreaming again? We've hit 2k+ reads. Thanks to everyone.
Keep voting sweeties! I'm really grateful for this support and love. Will be back soon.