Chapter 3

"Arey... Its- it's nothing... I'm-I'm fine. Just sleep and don't take stress okay" Shubman said without looking at Ishan. That's where Ishan caught him.
"It's just that you shouldn't do acting. You look gross" Ishan said coming closer to Shubman's face.
"Ish-Ishan" tears formed in Shubman's eyes.
"I'm here, you can tell me" said Ishan caressing other's cheeks.
"I feel like... I feel like a burden"
"Have you lost your mind! Aisi baat tumhare dimaag mein aai bhi kaise?" Ishan says slightly louder.
"I'm not making runs for my team nowadays. No one scolds me because they don't wanna hurt me but I know I'm just disappointing my fans, my teammates" said Shubman. Now the tears falling for his eyes.
"There's nothing like that. Look at me. You were never a disappointment for anyone, especially for our team. Never. It happens sometimes. Take your time and don't rush. I believe in you. We, the team and your fans have faith in you" said Ishan wiping his tears.
"I'm grateful to have you in my life"
"So do I. Now smile and show me your cute dimples" Ishan said and pinched Shubman's cheeks.

Shubman will never know why did God send an angel like Ishan in his life. He slept in Ishan's warm embrace.

New Zealand had won the second match and it was the last match today. Both teams wanted to win. The match was taking place at Eden Gardens and India had won the toss. Rohit Sharma, the Captain of India elected to bowl first and this decision helped their team a lot as there was dew on the field. The target was 367 which was good enough to be chased. All the first 4 players contributed equally and now, both Ishan and Shubman were on the crease. They needed 143 runs of 20 overs. Ishan was trying to rotate the strike for Shubman so that he could not feel guilty later. He just wanted to see him happy. Shubman hit a century off 49 balls while Ishan hit half century and Shubman ended the inning with a hundred meter high six! Shubman got the player of the match for a century and 4 catches.

In the dressing room
"Wow wow wow! Team! What a performance today it was! So proud of all the players especially our Shubman Gill" said Dilip clapping for everyone.
"You made it" Ishan whispered.
"Without you, it wouldn't be possible" Shubman whispered back.
"Me? What have I done?"
"I'll talk to you in our room"

In their room

"What do you wanted to say?" Ishan said sitting on the edge of the bed.
"Why were you constantly rotating the strike whenever you were on strike?" Shubman asked, raised his eyebrows standing in front of him.
"What's wrong in that? Every cricketer does that"
"As if you weren't doing it for me so that I can hit a century"
Ishan stood up.
"Yes and I don't see anything wrong in that"
Shubman hugged him and started laughing.
"What happened to you now?" Asked Ishan while rubbing the other's back.
"I love you"
Ishan's whole world stopped for a second. His heartbeats raised up. He pulled himself from the hug and looked at Shubman with a widen eye.
"Tum to aise dekh rahe ho jaise best friends ek dusre ko ye sab nhi bolte" Shubman answered lying on the bed.
"Just best friends?" Ishan thought in his mind.
"Come! Let's sleep" Shubman said like a kid.

Next day

Virat and Shreyas were sitting near the swimming pool, drinking a cup of coffee. The weather was cold because of rain at midnight. By that time, Ishan came and sat with them.
"Good morning"
"Tumhara hi intezar tha. Waise Tera pati jaaga ki nahi?" Asked Shreyas with a smirk.
"Pati? Chii! See Virat bhai. How pervert he is"
"Galat kya hai? Tum maano na maano we agree that you love him more than just a friend or say even he loves you in the same way but you both are just running away from the truth" Virat replied.

Yes, it was true. From Ishan's side, it was a true love that he had not yet confessed, neither accepted. He knew how cruel this society is. Probably his family will accept him but the society will never. He knew that this will build a lot of difficulties for both him and the ICT and that was the reason why he never accepted his true feelings for Shubman.

"Kaha kho gaye?" Asked Shreyas. He hit Ishan on his head while Ishan was giving him death stares. Someone stood behind Ishan's chair. Ishan could feel it and it was Shubman.
"Good morning" said Shubman with a smile.
Others greeted back.

Not only Virat, Rohit or Shreyas but others also started to notice the love between Shubman and Ishan. The fans used to make edits, write fan fictions on them. Some would chant in the stadium that Shubman should marry Ishan. How can we forget the most famous captions of such edit? "Will you be the Shubman Gill to my Ishan Kishan". Even some players used to tease them with these lines.
One thing was clear, it was getting out of hand. People would notice the smallest things common in them like wearing each other's accesories or clothes, going outside together, etc.

It was New year 2024. There was a party where only cricketers along with their family were invited. Shubman's eyes were looking for only one person.
"Oye" said Mayank.
"Ka-ka kya hua?" Asked Shubman, annoyed by Mayank.
"Ishan ko dhund raha hai na tu? Aa raha hai don't worry" Mayank said with a wink.
"Dur rah tu" Shubman pushed Mayank, not rudely. "Aur maine to nahi kaha that I'm waiting for Ishan"
"Ae lo! Jaise ki hame dikhai nahi deta" Mayank said in Punjabi accent.
Shubman's all attention was caught by a handsome looking man, walking down the stairs.
"Handsome nahi?" Asked Mayank.
"Absolu- Tu jana na yaar!" Shubman pushed him.
"Kyu larte rahte ho usse" said Ishan.
"You're looking so dashing. Like I've no words to describe you tonight" said Shubman, totally amazed by the God's creation in front of him.
"Thanks. You're looking handsome too" said Ishan.
"Kaha rah gaye the? Chalo" Hardik said and pulled Ishan with him.
"Lekin- koi mujhe baat kyu nahi karne de raha usse!" Shubman said.
"Tu bhai mere saath chal na" Abhishek said, trying to call his friend.

*I know abhi ke liye thoda boring ho gaya ho to but trust me. The next chapter is gonna be even more interesting. Keep voting and don't forget to give your feedback 🗿✨*